Time: Tue Jul 08 07:53:13 1997
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:10:52 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: 2 classes of citizens: evidence in California (1849)

Yes, and check out the lengthy and authoritative
opinions which the Maine Supreme Court provided
to the Maine Legislature, when the latter formally
asked for their opinions on the matter of voting
rights for blacks:  begin around 44 Maine 518 (1859).
If you haven't received my latest research on the
subject, please inquire via private email.