Time: Thu Jun 05 08:39:11 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA29731;
	Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:36:44 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:34:30 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: internal affairs

Dear Clients,

I have just completed a minor reconfiguration
of my computer hardware and software.  I hope
the changes will be transparent to you.  I have
assigned the Pentium to full-time Internet service,
and the 486 tower will be demoted to word processing
and file management.  The ol' Dell tower has been
a great machine, but it is sadly obsolete now, and
the Pentium is a smooth dream, by comparison.  Plus,
QEMM is running on the Pentium, without a hitch, so
I have much better memory management on the Pentium.
Depending on availability of funds, I am now planning
to add a 4 gigabyte Western Digital to the Pentium,
and trade compression for speed.  Email has become
a major part of my life, from now on, I expect.

On the legal front, I want you to know that I will not
be as active with SLS, because I was given the green
light yesterday to write the major Opening Brief for
the appeal in U.S.A. v. Gilbertson.  This is the B-I-G
one, which will attack the constitutionality of the
Jury Selection and Service Act, as applied to state
Citizens.  Everett Gilbertson is to be commended for
keeping a level head, even in federal prison, and
authorizing the appeal work to proceed, at his expense.
The public defender was relegated to sitting in the
back row of the gallery during the sentencing hearing,
and the federal judge is now trying to KEEP the errors
in the transcript of the sentencing hearing, where he
was told he had been sued for his failure to produce
credentials.

Last but not least, when I get the new 4GB Western Digital,
I plan to merge a number of files from similar directories,
and I need software which will choose the most recent of
any pair of files with the same name, and from the same
directory.  I will check to see if Brooklyn Bridge can
do this logic.  If not, I will need your help in locating
software which can do this.  I do not want to write it,
because I don't do any program development on these
machines.  After one million lines of Fortran, over the
past 25 years, I have decided to migrate into a different
line of codes :) (kinda like a new line of work).

Be well, and do stay in touch.  I will be checking daily,
and each of you has a colored label assigned to the mail
you send me, to distinguish your messages from the rest
of the email traffic I get.  In this way, I can give top
priority to your messages, while others have to wait.

Wish Us well, as I launch into a 5-day writing spree.
This should be very interesting.  This one will be written
for at least 250 million Americans, who are yearning for
to breathe free.  It is time.

  "Give me your tired, your poor,
   your huddled masses yearning
   to breathe free."

        Emma Lazarus, for
        The Statute of Liberty

email:       [address in tool bar]   : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU