Time: Tue Jun 10 18:38:47 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA19603;
	Tue, 10 Jun 1997 18:38:02 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 18:37:07 -0700
To: walterdoc@juno.com (walter e jacobson)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Re: SLS: schlabach letter to newman

Hello Walter,

You remind me of the fellow whose friends
invited him to go fishing.

"Can you guarantee that I'll catch a fish?"
he asked them, in all seriousness.

"No," they answered.

So, he stayed home, and they went on a great
hike, fishing poles strapped to their packs,
enjoying nature, and being guided by dancing
butterflies who carved figure 8's in the
sky, to the beat of their own mocking bird
imitations.

The fishing was great, because the fish
were sleeping, and everyone was distracted
anyway by the symphony of song birds, all
singing in unison to the rhythm of a veritable
fourth dimension.

But, no, they could not guarantee anything,
actually.  It was just the experience of
being there, heart and mind open, ready for
the unplanned and unexpected, and trusting
in the Maker of this incredibly vast Universe,
who has promised to care for Us ever more so
than He cares for the smallest finch or
sparrow.

At 11:28 AM 6/9/97 EDT, you wrote:

>On Tue, 27 May 1997 12:32:31 -0700 Paul Andrew Mitchell
>[address in tool bar] writes:
>>Hi Walter,
>>
>>I am a UCLA grad myself (1970, political science),
>>and I remember the UCLA Medical Center well.
>>They repaired my badly damaged knee, after one
>>failed surgery in which the surgeon made a
>>horizontal incision from the knee cap, counter
>>clockwise about 80 degrees.  Some day, I hope to
>>donate to the hospital the amount they must have
>>spent on me (they only charged me $100!).  I had
>>fantastic care, by their expert "ortho squad",
>>and they worked me up in the "dome room" where
>>other students could watch.  My knee was perfect
>>after that.  Please share my story with your
>>colleagues there.  Everyone likes success.
>>
>>Back to the present:
>>
>>I can provide you with several options:
>>
>>1.  enroll in the Supreme Law School (max of $10/month,
>>    declining for more months paid in advance);
>>    see information appended to the end of this message;
>>
>>2.  retain the Supreme Law Firm at $75 per hour,
>>    charged against a minimum retainer of $500,
>>    prepaid in cash or blank U.S. Postal Money Order;
>>
>>3.  contact others to whom I can refer you.
>>
>>I am excited by the prospect of helping someone
>>like yourself, who could then pass the word around
>>the Medical Center.
>>
>I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE AND SENTIMENTS. IF YOU TRULY CAN HELP ME, I
>GUARANTEE I WILL PASS THE WORD AROUND.  THE PROBLEM I'VE BEEN HAVING WITH
>THIS IRS ISSUE IS THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY HAVE THE ANSWER, I HAVE
>ACTUALLY DONE WHAT SEVERAL HAVE SAID TO DO, AND IT DID NOT STOP THE IRS
>FROM PURSUING ME AND  FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH THEIR THREATS TO LEVY MY
>WAGES.  I SPENT ALOT OF TIME OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS PREPARING
>AFFIDAVITS, READING MATERIALS.... IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS, THE EXPERIENCE
>ALSO COST ME SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE IN PENALTIES AND INTEREST.
>WHAT'S THE POINT OF TAKING A POSITION AGAINST THE IRS AND LOSING A HUGE
>AMOUNT OF TIME AND MONEY, AND POTENTIALLY RISKING GOING TO JAIL IF YOU
>CAN'T WIN??
>
>"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"....  SHOW ME EVIDENCE, COURT CASES WHERE PEOPLE WENT
>TO COURT, TOOK THE IRS TO COURT AND WON!!! SHOW ME WHERE ANYBODY HAS WON!
> BECAUSE ALL I'VE SEEN SO FAR IS ANECDOTAL STORIES, PEOPLE SAYING THIS
>HAS TO WORK, WE'VE RESEARCHED THE LAW, YOU CAN DO THIS..... I'VE SEEN
>PEOPLE QUOTE COURT CASES, I LOOK UP THE COURT CASES ON LEXIS, AND THE
>CASES IN NO WAY DEFEND THEIR POSITION. PEOPLE ARE LYING LIKE MANIACS TO
>MAKE MONEY AT THE EXPENSE OF FOOLS LIKE ME?
>
>THE CONCEPT THAT THE IRS IS OPERATING ILLEGALLY, USING SUBTERFUGE, LIES,
>DISTORTIONS, SUBVERSIONS, EXTORTIONS, ETC. ETC.  IS INFURIATING TO ME.
>IS IT TRUE?!   SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT IT'S TRUE! SHOW ME PEOPLE WHO HAVE
>CHALLENGED THE IRS AND WON, WHO HAVE EXTRICATED THEMSELVES LEGALLY FROM
>THE TAX SYSTEM?
>
>YOU SAID ABOVE THAT THERE WERE SEVERAL OPTIONS YOU COULD OFFER ME:
> [...]

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU