Time: Mon Jun 16 13:56:25 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA07100;
	Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:48:59 -0700 (MST)
	by usr10.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA01498;
	Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:48:53 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:47:27 -0700
To: "Carl F. Worden" <wolfeyes@cdsnet.net>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: I need your advice.

Hi Carl,

I don't take cases either pro bono or on contingency.

I see three options for you:

(1)  enroll in the Supreme Law School, and rub elbows
     with others who would be happy to share ideas with you,

(2)  retain the Supreme Law Firm at $75 per hour charged
     against an earnest retainer of $500, or

(3)  find your own way.

Good luck!

copy:  Supreme Law School

At 11:41 AM 6/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Paul:
>
>This might sound silly, but it has legitimate constitutional concerns, so
>please bear with me.
>
>My wife got a speeding ticket (60 in a 45)in early April.  She asked for a
>trial because she insists she is not guilty.  (The basis for that not-guilty
>plea is not relevant to what I'm about to ask you.)  She was forced to post
>bail in the amount of $165.00(!!) and was given a trial date of October 15,
>1997!
>
>I thought both the bail and the trial date were totally out of line, so I
>dropped a note signed by my wife in with the bail.  The note basically asked
>that the citation be dismissed on constitutional grounds, one being an
>excessive fine or bail, and the other being that my wife never waived her
>right to a speedy trial and a trial date of six months is not "speedy" by
>anyone's standard.
>
>To my utter amazement, I got a certified letter from the Municipal Court
>advising my wife to attend a hearing on June 25, 1997 concerning her motion
>to dismiss citation # 239497!
>
>Paul, what the hell do I do now?  I don't have any case law to present.  The
>court is in Oregon.  Your advice and/or case law pertaining to these two
>issues would be very much appreciated.  Help!!
>
>Best wishes,
>

>Carl F. Worden
>Liaison & Intelligence Officer
>Southern Oregon Militia

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU