Time: Sun Jun 22 18:06:14 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA10465;
	Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:32:39 -0700 (MST)
	by usr05.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA28663;
	Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:32:34 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:30:58 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: a challenge to all bar members

my comments infra:

>fwolist@sportsmen.net said on 6/22/97 2:31 PM:
>
>>2.  retain your bar license,
>>    forfeit your citizenship and
>>    eligibility for public office,
>>    and apply for a green card.

I didn't say deportation.  BUT, we are on "first impression"
here, and I am arguing on the basis of logic.  If you
lose your citizenship (state and federal), the only
option left is the status of an alien.  If aliens do
not have green cards, they are illegal aliens.  So,
I guess there is a logical path to deportation.  I would
have to agree with this outcome, despite the political
furor it would create among licensed bar members.  However,
read on ...

>Forfeiture of citizenship does not equate to
>deportation.  A native American can NOT be
>deported.

Authority please.

 His nationality can never be taken from
>him, although he CAN lose 'citizenship', which
>simply entails the priveleges of being eligible
>to public office and for 'benefits' provided by
>the state to 'qualified' applicants.
>
>In other words, there is a huge difference between
>NATIONALITY and CITIZENSHIP.  The former is acquired
>by reason of the land on which one is brought forth
>from one's Mother's womb, and the latter is simply a
>political status.
>
>See the Articles of Confederation for recognition
>of the different classes of people in this country.
>Note the use of 'free inhabitants' and 'citizens'
>in the same sentence:
>
>"   Article IV.   The better to secure and perpetuate
>mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of
>the different states in this union, *** the free
>inhabitants *** of each of these states, paupers, vagabonds,
>and fugitives from justice excepted, shall be entitled to
>all privileges and immunities of *** free citizens *** in the
>several states; and the people of each state shall have
>free ingress and regress to and from any state, and shall
>enjoy therein all the privileges of trade and commerce,
>subject to the same duties, impositions and restrictions
>as the inhabitants thereof respectively, provided that
>such restriction shall not extend so far as to prevent
>the removal of property imported into any state, to any
>other state, of which the Owner is an inhabitant; provided
>also that no imposition, duties or restriction shall be
>laid by any state, on the property of the united states,
>or either of them."
>
>This clause explains a lot about why most people are treated
>as slaves: paupers HAVE NO RIGHTS. What do you become, in law,
>when you apply for public charity?  PAUPERS.  The possession
>and use of a SSN makes one a pauper, and totally regulateable
>at law.

I do agree with everything you have written here.
You are making a strong case that Citizenship
implies participation;  inhabitants have opted
not to participate, which is their Right, under
the Tenth Amendment.  We are now complaining
about Citizens who are deprived of their Right
to participate, because they have been deprived
of all three voices in the management of their
government:  grand jury, trial jury, and voting
booth.  Of couse, the feds insist on taxing these
very same people.  This is one of the major issues
we raised in Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF:  no
taxation without representation!  Moreover, limiting
jury participation to federal citizens creates a logical
absurdity:  the People who can vote in Congress/Senate,
canNOT vote on a jury, or in a general election.
Go figure!!

Reductio ad absurdum!

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU