Time: Thu Jun 26 20:27:11 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA24626;
	Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:28:24 -0700 (MST)
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA22372;
	Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:26:58 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:25:18 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: ACTION TO STOP VOTE FRAUD

C.J. Taney ruled that Lincoln could not prosecute
the Civil War under martial law.  See Ex parte
Merryman.  He needed an Act of Congress.

Did Lincoln get an Act of Congress, declaring
war on the South?  Furthermore, courts have
ruled that the southern states never left the
Union, although they certainly did try.  That is
the main reason why the Anti-Slavery Amendment
is widely recognized as having been ratified.
If they had left the Union, they could not have
voted to ratify it.

Without the southern states to vote in favor
of abolishing slavery, that proposal would not
have garnered enough votes to make three-fourths
of the Union states.  That is the true significance
of the Anti-Slavery Amendment, namely, that the
war was over and the southern states were still
members of the Union.  The victory did not give
the United States any more authority than it
had before the conflict, because the ONLY authority
which the United States has ever had, emanates from
the Constitution for the United States of America,
as lawfully amended by the several states.

Dyett v. Turner explains all of this in great detail,
Lieber Code or no Lieber Code.  Article V controls
here, as it has throughout American History,
starting on June 21, 1788, with New Hampshire's
endorsement of the new federal constitution.

It's a shame that Dyett is never taught in public
schools, anywhere, as far as I can tell.  Instead,
we get this endless rhetoric about how "justified"
the North had been, based on some old "Code" of conduct.

If you are trying to tell me that some sort of "Code"
governed the actions of Union generals during that
terrible conflict, I would have to say that I do,
indeed, disagree with such a retrospective.  That
war was fought with savage ferocity.  You have only
to view the entire PBS series on the Civil War to
appreciate that.  Sherman and Grant were not comparing
Historical and Statutory Notes concerning various
Acts of Congress or treaties;  they were kicking amputated
limbs out of their blood-soaked tents, all the while men
were screaming from a severe shortage of anesthetic.

They piled them in one large barn one day, because
there were so many.  The stench of dead and rotting
flesh could be detected for miles around.

>================[ Distributed Message ]================
>         ListServer: fwolist (Free World Order)
>               Type: Not Moderated
>     Distributed on: 26-JUN-97, 19:33:44
>Original Written by: IN:noborders@worldnet.att.net.
>

>Consider Lee's so called surrender agreement at Appomatox in light of this
article of the Lieber Law of War

>Art. 153. Treating captured rebels as prisoners of war, exchanging them,
>concluding of cartels, capitulations, or other warlike agreements with
>them; addressing officers of a rebel army by the rank they may have in the
>same; accepting flags of truce; or, on the other hand, proclaiming Martial
>Law in their territory, or levying war-taxes or forced loans, or doing any
>other act sanctioned or demanded by the law and usages of public war
>between sovereign belligerents, neither proves nor establishes an
>acknowledgment of the rebellious people, or of the government which they
>may have erected, as a public or sovereign power. Nor does the adoption of
>the rules of war toward rebels imply an engagement with them extending
>beyond the limits of these rules. It is victory in the field that ends the
>strife and settles the future relations between the contending parties.
>
>Where did the government of the United States have any legitimate
existence at all from 1860 onward except in International Law, the Law of
Nations,  a branch of which is the Law of War, promolgated by Lincoln for
American Armies in the field as the Lieber Code ?  The Lieber Code remains
in full force.
>Sherman laid waste in Georgia and South Carolina under the authority of
the Lieber Code.  Sheridan razed the Shenandoah Valley under the authority
of the Lieber Code and nothing shows the true nature of the situation after
1865 than Reconstruction itself.  The civil authority in certain places
refused to ratify the 14th Amendment and it was replaced by a civil
authority that would.  This is the prerogative of the Commander in Chief or
the government under Martial Law per the Lieber Code.  It means the
ratification was valid under international law.  Both the 14th and 16th
amendments have been recognized in international courts and conventions.

>"To save the country is paramount to all other considerations."  This is
the maxim of the Law of Nations by which Martial Law is justified.  Did not
Lincoln express this maxim many times ?  And if you imagine it was a War
Between the States or a Civil War, read history.  It was always termed
rebellion by the federal authorities.  And Martial Law was not imposed on
the South only, but anywhere in the country Lincoln thought necessary.
Maryland was occupied, the State and federal Bills of Rights were suspended
there,  and anybody unco-operative in its civil government was sent home or
to jail.

>And just how do you explain the fact a lower federal court will fine you
at least $2,500 for even bringing up the question of the validity of the
ratification of the 14th amendment ?  Is this process appropriate to a
Constitutional or a Military Court ?  And nobody has to hang out a sign
either, so the presence or absence of a military flag is incidental.