Time: Thu Jul 03 15:52:16 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA24043;
	Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:53:07 -0700 (MST)
	id SAA21093; Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:49:55 -0400 (EDT)
	id SAA21056; Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:49:51 -0400 (EDT)
	id AA08757; Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:49:50 -0400
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA21019
	for <snetnews@world.std.com>; Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:49:34 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 15:47:49 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SNET: Real dummies are in the Pentagon.

->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List

The dummies are in the Pentagon,
drawing fat federal salaries.

What is shalikashvili, anyway,
some kind of Russian pork sausage?

----------------------------------
>Dummies weren't classified, says retired colonel
>[The Associated Press]
>
>GRANTS  A retired Air Force officer says he worked with high tech
>crash test dummies in the 1950s, and that there's no way they'd be
>confused with aliens described in rumors arising from the Roswell
>Incident.
>
>Lt. Col. (Ret.) Raymond A. Madson said he isn't buying the latest Air
>Force explanation of what occurred in Roswell in July 1947. The
>Pentagon issued a report this week saying the Air Force believes
>crash test dummies used in the 1950s were mistaken for the rumored
>1947 aliens and suggesting that UFO buffs just got their dates
>mixed up.
>
>Madson, 66, who now lives near Grants, said he was project officer for
>Project High Dive at Holloman Air Force Base for four years starting
>in the 1950s.
>
>He told the Grants newspaper, the Cibola County Beacon, that the
>Project High Dive dummies were used to test problems pilots might
>encounter with the ejection mechanisms for bailing out of new
>generation jet aircraft.
>
>Madson said he sent photographs of Project High Dive dummies to the
>Pentagon for inclusion in the Air Force document issued this week,
>'The Roswell Report: Case Closed.'
>
>But he said the dummies do not match the descriptions of the very
>small, almost childlike beings purported to have been seen in 1947
>near Roswell.
>
>'They were testing these things (dummies) to try to protect grown
>men. They would never have used (dummies of) children for such
>experiments,' he said.
>
>Madson also served at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton,
>Ohio, before coming to Holloman. His wife worked at Wright Patterson
>as a secretary in the base medical laboratory, as well, he said.
>
>Both of them heard serious talk about little green men who had been
>brought onto the base and studied secretly, he said.
>
>The subject of aliens never came up at Holloman, however, he said.
>
>'I think it was a highly kept secret at that time,' he said.
>
>In contrast, there was nothing secret about his dummies, he said.
>
>'The dummies were not covered up or hidden (when transported), and
>there was no security in the dummy drop phase of the experiments,'
>he said.
>
>And because the windblown dummies might end up falling just about
>anywhere, the Air Force even offered $25 rewards to local residents
>around Alamogordo to return the dummies to the base, he said. They
>were all stamped with labels identifying them as Air Force property,
>Madson said.

>Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com
>
>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>->  Posted by: "Brian Mosely" <bmosely@hotmail.com>

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU

-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
->  Posted by: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]