Time: Fri Jul 04 07:17:02 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA27540;
	Fri, 4 Jul 1997 07:18:27 -0700 (MST)
	by usr07.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA22995;
	Fri, 4 Jul 1997 07:18:20 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 07:16:35 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: provisions for coining money

If you regard the U.S. Constitution as a
grant of _enumerated_ powers, then it does
not authorize the United States to issue
paper money, particularly when that money
is not redeemable in gold or silver.

Think:  AUTHORITY AUTHORITY AUTHORITY

Did the People grant to the United States
the authority to issue paper money?
I don't think so.  It cannot even be
inferred, via the "implied powers" doctrine.

The sections dealing with the coining of
money, and restraining the several states,
should not be construed as a "grant" of
authority to the United States to issue
paper money.  On the contrary, the absence
of such an authority is all you need to know.

The master of this subject is Dr. Edwin J. Vieira, Jr.
You MUST read his "Return to Constitutional Money,"
before you will be more than a bystander in this
important debate.

Congress MUST recall Federal Reserve Notes,
at par, and print enough U.S. Notes for the
recall to be effected within 12 months, say.
"At par" means "one-for-one," no prejudice.

U.S. Notes must be printed thereafter without
creating ANY bogus liens, evidenced by equally bogus
bonds which Congress sells to the Federal Reserve,
for 3 cents on the dollar.

What a RACKET!! It is time to stop this insanity.