Time: Mon Jul 07 03:20:07 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA04024
	for [address in tool bar]; Mon, 7 Jul 1997 03:18:51 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 03:18:25 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: L&J: AN EXPLICIT CHALLENGE FROM JOSEPH NEWMAN

I am afraid I must side with Mr. Newman
in this debate.  I have had the very good
fortune to meet the video photographer
who was given exclusive filming rights for
one of Newman's expositions.  She and her
husband demonstrated extraordinary kindness
to me, personally, after my accountant
embezzled $3,000 from me, stole my backup
JAZ disk (1.0GB), and stole a one-ounce
gold piece I had entrusted to him to avoid
having valuables around the house.

They flew me to Texas on their own funds,
and allowed me to sleep long enough to recover
from  exhaustion.  Their house was filled with love,
and plenty of domestic animals of all sorts,
and it was such a beautiful experience, meeting
these two generous, kind, and loving people,
whose every room was so beautifully appointed
with original art work and details everywhere.
Even the animals were respectful of my state
of exhaustion;  one orange tabby cat would
sleep with me, just inches away from my head,
and purr into my ear to comfort me.

Now, during my rare waking hours at their ranch,
the wife of this lovely couple, who is an
eclectic genius in her own right, sat me down
to view one of the uncut videotapes of her
coverage of this Newman exposition.  It would
be an insult to the intelligence of everyone
who attended this important exposition even to
ask if the machine is a fraud.  It was there,
working, and creating mechanical motion in a
large, rotating device.  Close-ups of Newman
revealed a kind, sincere, and obviously
intelligent man who is beginning to feel the
impact of government tyranny directly upon
his important work.  When I tell you that the
United States is a criminal enterprise, you need
only peer into the eyes of this brilliant inventor,
to understand how he is one with Copernicus,
Galileo, and Einstein for the senseless and
self-serving opposition which he is now getting
from every corner, including of course the
Internet.

I am sorry, Mr. Poley, but I have learned to
avoid your emotional outbursts here on the net,
because that's all they are.  If and when you
should make a contribution to mankind as
significant as Mr. Newman's, then I might once
again begin to read your words here, but I would
expect that, by that time, your tone and content
would have changed so much, that you might as
well have changed your name along with them.

If you want to flame me for these comments,
don't let me stop you.  You will just cement
forever what I have just said, by doing so.

If I were in Congress right now, I would make
as one of my highest priorities, a national
program to publicize Mr. Newman's work, and
the work of others like him, on a scale comparable
to NASA's Apollo project.  In my opinion, once a
national concensus is reached, ten years would
be more than enough to re-engineer this entire
nation with "free" energy devices, and then we
would see an economic renaissance like none that
has ever existed anywhere on planet Earth.

To this end, I will dedicate my efforts to serve
the American People in the Congress of the
United States, God willing.