Time: Mon Jul 07 04:56:05 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id EAA20799;
	Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:54:05 -0700 (MST)
	by usr07.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id EAA28734;
	Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:53:48 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 04:53:43 -0700
To: TWStough@aol.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: AN EXPLICIT CHALLENGE FROM JOSEPH NEWMAN

At 07:42 AM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Go Paul!
>
>What strategies are you planning (that you can share) and how can I help?
>
>Terry

The main strategy is to leverage computers
widely to bring this information directly
into people's living rooms, bypassing broadcast
radio and network television completely.  With
the cost of hard disk plummeting, it is
no big deal for the average American now
to have 2+ gigabytes of fast EIDE hard disk,
and a 33Kbps modem, at least.  I have 7 GB,
soon to be 23 GB.  The up-and-coming technology
is cable modems, with very high bandwidth and
a solid coaxial cable right into your home or
office.

A hep Congressman could easily build a
10-25 gigabyte database of practical and
useful information for the whole world,
with special "privileges" for constituents.

One problem I am still trying to solve is
the integration of a large website with a
subsidiary fax-on-demand system.  There are
implementation problems, like data structures
and so on, but I know enough people with
enough talent to pull this off within
3 months after we begin.  We may have to
go with two separate systems, for ease of
use, probably on a local LAN.

That is my first step:  the telecommunications
infrastructure.  Once that is in place, we
concentrate on hosting only the best of the
best available information.