Time: Mon Jul 07 13:49:30 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA07804
	for [address in tool bar]; Mon, 7 Jul 1997 13:26:08 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 13:25:07 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: L&J: AN EXPLICIT CHALLENGE FROM JOSEPH NEWMAN

These are excellent points.

The scientific method requires testable hypotheses.
And replication is essential.  To engineer mass
application of such a technology, the key to
replication must be plainly evident, on blueprints,
where the rubber meets the road.  Boeing 747's are
a good example of mass production of aerodynamic
lift, the same lift which propels a sailboat
on an up-wind tack.

It is my belief, however, that energy has been
so monopolized by foreign special interests,
like the oil cartel, dating from Prohibition
(a ruse to give that cartel an unfair advantage
over commerce in automotive fuels), that the
U.S. government is unlikely to fund the proper
comparative research, even though they have
federal research labs scattered all over the
landscape, like Lawrence Livermore and
Lawrence Berkeley Labs, to name just two.
There are many others.

Somebody needs to get into Congress to fight,
and fight hard, to make these appropriations
happen, come what may.  I thought George Brown
was going to do that, but I have been mostly
disappointed by him.