Time: Wed Jul 16 19:39:38 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA06564
	for [address in tool bar]; Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:30:12 -0700 (MST)
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA13840;
	Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:28:32 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:28:06 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: GLOBAL WARMING? (fwd)

The heating is not uniform.  It is greatest at the
equatorial regions.  This heat differential lofts
ocean water, which convects to the poles, where it
precipitates out as ice and snow.  This shifts
the weight of the planet to the poles, which
forces adjustments in the dynamic equilibrium of the
tectonic plates, in turn causing earthquakes
and volcanoes.  Eventually, the poles accumulate
so much ice and snow, that glaciers begin to move
towards the equator, at an accelerated rate.  So, the
greenhouse effect dissipates the heat into kinetic
energy that ultimately causes the onset of an
ice age, normally lasting 90,000 years.  We are
now very near the end of the warm 10,000-year inter-
glacial period, which began after the last ice age ended.

Details on "The Hamaker Hypothesis" are available upon request
(I coined the term "Hamaker Hypothesis" after John Hamaker).