Time: Wed Jul 23 12:57:50 1997
	for [address in tool bar]; Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:57:28 -0700 (MST)
	Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:57:09 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:56:36 -0700
To: Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Got the paperwork [corrected]!!
Cc: [address in tool bar]

If the document(s) exist(s), you
have a right to them.

So, let's get some FOIA requests going,
quickly, and demand mandatory
judicial notice of same, pursuant
to Rule 201(d) of the Federal Rules
of Evidence;  "mandatory" means that
the court has no discretion, short of
a Motion to Strike by the other party(s).

Karl,

Another quick set of FOIA requests
would be to request the official
credentials of every government
employee who has touched the case.

I would begin with the DOJ attorneys
who have filed pleadings, whether
or not they have signed them.
This will invoke the DCUS, and
sue out the oaths of office, which
make explicit reference to the
Constitution of the United States.

Add to those the IRS agent(s),
especially the one you sued.
They are all subject to the FOIA.

Karl,

Correction to what follows:

I failed to see your DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL,
so some of what I have written below is
in error (but not much).  Given that you
have already demanded a jury trial, we
can move the court right away for an
indefinite stay of proceedings.  Sorry
about this oversight of mine:  I was
reading too fast, in order to accomplish
a lot for you in a short period of time.

Haste makes waste!  My thinking, in short,
was that you cannot get declaratory relief,
with or without a jury, when the subject
matter is 2201;  so, we need to find a
declaration which the jury can make for you,
without violating the bar in 2201 against
declaratory relief in tax matters.

Karl,

I got the package.  When do you leave?
I want to do several things right away:

1.  get your permission to use $25 of the retainer
    to send you Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF;  DOJ has,
    evidently, fallen silent and defaulted upon their
    deadline to file a REPLY BRIEF;  we are trying to
    confirm this right now;  if they have defaulted,
    this is EXTREMELY significant, because their
    silence means consent, at this stage in that case.

2.  get your permission to print and deliver to you,
    at your vacation site, some of the pleadings which
    we filed in U.S.A. [sic] v. Knudson.  This will
    allow you to understand your options at this stage.

3.  persuade you to consider setting a jury trial as
    one of your several goals;  this will allow your
    goals to mesh with ours, because we have attacked
    the Jury Selection and Service Act on behalf of
    all state Citizens.  The procedure would be to
    demand a jury trial (something which you failed       <---- ERROR HERE
    to do in your original complaint);  see FRCP Rule 38  <---- ERROR HERE
    for the rule about waiver of that Right.              <---- ERROR HERE

4.  however, tempering #3 is the fact that we have found
    the statute which grants authority to the U.S. Supreme
    Court to promulgate rules for the USDC (the court you
    are in), but said statute does not mention the DCUS
    (the court you want to be in).  So, begin by reading
    "Karma and the Federal Courts" in the Supreme Law Library
    at URL:  http://www.supremelaw.com, and you will see
    exactly what I mean.

5.  get you to consider filing some key FOIA requests, the
    answers to which we already know (you will learn this
    from Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF).  The first FOIA request
    which they fail to answer (because they CAN'T!) will invoke
    the DCUS, the court in which you want to be in the first
    place.

6.  Your complaint failed to specify the statute which grants
    subject matter jurisdiction to the USDC;  your complaint
    is fatally defective for this reason, until remedied
    timely.  I have not reviewed any briefs by the Defendants
    in your case.  The subject matter jurisdiction of the USDC
    is strictly dictated by grants of authority by Congress --
    no Act of Congress, no subject matter jurisdiction.  The
    Knudson briefs show you how to determine whether or not
    subject matter jurisdiction exists in the first instance.

7.  We are developing a nationwide strategy to challenge the
    Jury Selection and Service Act in all federal Circuit
    Courts of Appeal.  In light of this goal of the Supreme
    Law Firm, we are looking for cases like yours which can
    be steered onto a similar course.  Pennsylvania is the
    Third Circuit, and we do not have a JSSA challenge
    pending in the Third Circuit as yet;  your case would
    be an excellent opportunity to bring this challenge,
    but you and I would need to negotiate a "mesh" of our
    respective strategies.  If you will consent to working
    towards a mesh, we can donate some time to helping your
    case along in that direction, but we cannot do all the
    work pro bono.  So, we need to strike a bargain in this
    regard.

8.  28 U.S.C. 2201 (Declaratory Judgments Act) bars federal
    courts from issuing declaratory relief when the subject
    matter is federal income taxes;  you may have compromised
    your procedural remedies by requesting, or implying,
    any such relief.  Under 2201, given that citizenship is
    a political status which you can freely choose (federal
    or state citizenship), the court is precluded from issuing
    any declaratory relief on this subject matter either,
    due to the fundamental nature of the First Amendment and
    the Right of Election.  So, you will never get lawful relief
    from any federal court, if this is what you are trying to
    do.  A simple declaration, under penalty of perjury, should
    suffice, as long as you are willing to run the risk of a
    perjury charge.  Do you understand this?

9.  Your original complaint also failed to request an award of
    actual damages.  Without actual damages, there can be no
    consequential damages, because nothing causes nothing.
    Similarly, "punitive" damages are a moot question if there
    have been no actual damages.  Lastly, in civil cases, it is
    more proper to request "exemplary damages" instead of
    "punitive" damages, but this is a semantic error which
    you can correct with a clerical update motion.

10. I would do this immediately:  NOTICE the court that you have
    erred by requesting relief from the wrong federal court;
    incorporate the Gilbertson OPENING BRIEF via Mandatory
    Judicial Notice (Rule 201(d), Federal Rules of Evidence);
    file your FOIA request, and then request a STAY OF PROCEEDINGS
    pending discovery of documents requested under FOIA;  then,
    NOTICE the court of your intent to compel discovery of the
    documents requested under FOIA, but in the District Court
    of the United States ("DCUS"), NOT the USDC, and of your
    intent to get declaratory relief from a competent and
    qualified jury in the DCUS.  Once this foundation is set,
    then you can stay the DCUS proceeding, pending final review
    of the JSSA challenge, which you will file timely.  This
    will set the stage for the Third Circuit to rule on the
    JSSA challenge, and our goals will be meshing perfectly.

I got all that from your original Complaint, but remember that
I have not read anything else.  I wanted to give you the best
return on your partial retainer.

Please let me know where I can send you overnight delivery,
while you are on vacation.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message asap,
even if you don't say anything else except: "Got it!"

Thanks, Karl.  I will look forward to working with you.

My office telephone is:
(520) 320-1514 (answering machine)

fax is:
(520) 320-1256
(24-hour dedicated thermal paper fax machine)

I am standing by.

Sincerely yours,