Time: Sat Jul 26 09:06:30 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id IAA10991;
	Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:55:00 -0700 (MST)
	by usr06.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id IAA15118;
	Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:53:21 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 08:52:47 -0700
To: ignition-point@majordomo.pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Is the Bill of Rights a "joke" [sic]?

Objection.  The Bill of Rights is not a joke,
particularly when it is properly published with
the original Preamble to that Bill of Rights.

There are many of Us out here who are prepared
to defend it with our lives, so I hardly think
that it is appropriate to call the Bill a joke,
under any circumstances.  Perhaps you have failed
to do anything to enforce it, beyond tapping the
keyboard, whenever the urge to do so moves you.

Defending the Bill of Rights takes a whole lot
more effort than posting messages on the Internet.
I can tell you that, from direct personal experience.

I thought that was obvious.  Maybe it isn't.

A good place to begin is "due process of law".

Try it sometime.  Experience is a great teacher.
I highly recommend it.

>We don't need any more amendments right now.  What we need to do first is to
>try to restore the ones we already are supposed to have in place!
>
>What difference does another amendment make?  The Bill of Rights is a joke!
> The government tramples all over it any time they please!
>

>Terry W. Stough, Founder
> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/TWStough/main.htm">The American
Resistance Mo