Time: Tue Jul 29 20:26:12 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA25071;
	Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:17:08 -0700 (MST)
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA28152;
	Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:11:54 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:11:11 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: list server defaults, and privacy

If you want to reply privately to the sender,
then post a public request for same, with
your own email address, telephone number,
or fax number.  I would prefer that list
servers default to suppressing the sender's
address, and allow this default to be
overridden.  For me, it is a question of
changing defaults, and trying it for a while,
so people can get used to the new server
behavior.

I regard the current defaults in list servers
to encourage privacy violations.

Clearly, if someone does not want their email
address to get passed around, there ought to
be better ways of making that possible,
and enforceable.

Think about it from that point of view!