Time: Mon Aug 04 19:27:25 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA20516;
	Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:18:30 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA23170;
	Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:16:24 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 19:15:32 -0700
To: Eudora for Windows <eudora-win@wso.williams.edu>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Address Book in Eudora

The solution to the problem described here
is a little memory training.  Here is an
exercise you can do:

Think about a common item which belongs to you.
It may be your hammer, or your bicycle pump,
or your chain saw -- anything that is unique,
and now located where you put it last.

Now, very quickly, visualize where you put it.
Go to that place, and see if it is there.

If it is there, you get a brownie point.

But, if it is not there, what do you do now?

You go looking for it, correct?

Now, instead of looking for it, do this:

Tell yourself that, when you find it, you will
return it to the place where you first thought
it would be.  This is its "address" in your
associative brain, and that "address" is harder
to change, than it is to move it BACK to that place,
after you have moved it elsewhere.

Try this exercise.  Then, after you master the
principle, begin to create "nicknames"
which issue from your associative memory
(a very powerful, and very unique, human ability).

Your problem will then disappear.