Time: Mon Aug 04 20:14:10 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA16584;
	Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:10:29 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA19646;
	Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:09:38 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 20:08:46 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Epperly refutes 14th amendment (sic)

Hi Ray et al.,

I would add to his arsenal, an argument
I have developed that is based on the
Full Faith and Credit Clause, to wit:

The Secretary of State has no authority
to base a certification on facts which
are NOT in evidence, any more than s/he
can deny certification in the face of
facts which ARE in evidence.  These are two
sides of the same coin.  In other words,
the truth should prevail:  either the
several states voted in enough numbers,
or they did not.

We have a long tradition of providing
judicial review of adminstrative actions;
the ratification of amendments should be
no different, imho.

Perhaps, each state which votes on a
constitutional amendment, in the future,
should transmit its decision to all
other states in the Union, to make it
impossible for the Secretary of State
to lie about the results.  Centralizing
the collection of these results has created
the opportunity for the Secretary to falsify
the results.

>->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>
>Paul Andrew Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> ->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>>
>> I hereby submit two lasting solutions,
>> for everyone's careful consideration:
>>
>> #1:  repeal the 14th amendment and replace it
>>      with the following:
>>
>>         "The status of State Citizenship shall not
>>          be denied or abridged by the United States,
>>          or by any State, on account of race.
>>          The fourteenth article of amendment
>>          to the Constitution of the United States
>>          is hereby repealed."
>>
>> #2:  amend the Guarantee Clause to read:
>>
>>         "The United States shall guarantee equally to
>>          the federal zone, and also to every State
>>          in this Union, a Republican form of Government,
>>          and shall protect both zones against Invasion;
>>          and on Application of the Legislature, or of the
>>          Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened)
>>          against domestic Violence."
>>
>> /s/ Paul Mitchell
>> http://www.supremelaw.com
>>
>> At 07:08 PM 8/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> >
>> >->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List

Ten
>> the
>> way it
>> pie in