Time: Mon Aug 11 18:41:17 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA19737;
	Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:40:54 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA20775;
	Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:39:34 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:38:29 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Passports for American Citizens

The term "national" is defined by federal statutes,
but it is not found anywhere in the U.S. Constitution.
I just checked, by searching the White House Constitution,
which I obtained from the President, by means of a
proper FOIA request last year.  There is another
version in the back of West's "Federal Civil Judicial
Procedure and Rules."

The term "Citizen of the United States"
is found in the Qualifications Clauses;
these clauses have never been amended.
See 1:2:2; 1:3:3; and 2:1:5.

Remember these!

Congress can create, alter, or abolish statutes.
Congress can neither create, alter, nor abolish,
terms that are found in the U.S. Constitution.
The cardinal rule of construction is that their
meaning remains constant over time.

See Eisner v. Macomber:  "Congress cannot
by legislation alter the Constitution,
from which alone it derives its power to
legislate, and within whose limitations alone
that power can be lawfully exercised."  These
are very power words, and they were uttered
in the context of constructing the term "income"
as found in the failed 16th amendment [sic].

Federal citizenship was first established
by the 1866 Civil Rights Act -- a statute.
It is a municipal statute, which created
a municipal franchise, subject to the
municipal jurisdiction of Congress.
See Roa v. Collector.

The Qualifications Clauses were ordained by
the People of the United States, and ratified
by the several states of the Union which
existed under the Articles of Confederation.
As such, they cannot be touched, and their
meaning cannot be altered by any employees
of the federal government;  any such alteration
MUST be effected by constitutional amendment,
ratified by three-fourths of the several states.

These principles have been with Us for a
very long time;  it is time We took another
close look at them, and started applying
them in practical situations, like applications
for passports, and a myriad of other points
of government contact, where fraud was injected,
by design.

As for the ad hominem argumentation found below,
the author needs to understand that such a
method of argumentation is unpersuasive, at best,
and misrepresentative, at worst, because it is an
unsuccessful attempt to distract Us from the
core issues here, namely, status and jurisdiction.

Congress has a constitutional obligation to
extend passport protection to Citizens of
the several states which are united by and
under the Constitution for the United States
of America.  See the Preamble for the correct
nomenclature for referring to the federal
constitution.