Time: Mon Sep 01 11:42:05 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id LAA29253;
	Mon, 1 Sep 1997 11:40:29 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id LAA13264;
	Mon, 1 Sep 1997 11:38:35 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 11:37:27 -0700
To: <drctalk@drcnet.org>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Complaint against "Charles P. Conrad"

I am making public my formal complaint
against the message we received from
Charles P. Conrad below.

We do admit to making a mistake for
having sent him the message which
follows.

On the other hand, we have gone to great
extent, within our limited resources,
to update our email database, in honor of
ALL requests from users who wish to to be
removed, for whatever reason.  Mr. Conrad's
name has been removed from all of our
broadcast lists;  this was done quite
some time ago.

We have also assumed the cost of investigating,
developing, and disseminating an email privacy
proposal, which we voluntarily share with those
we think might benefit from it.  This proposal
has been very well received, I am happy to
report.

Now, Mr. Conrad is threatening to do
real damage to us, and to the website
which we have developed at great expense,
for what we can honestly say was a mistake.

I do feel that Mr. Conrad's threats here
need to be taken very seriously, and I have
made the decision to go public with our concerns,
so that others who may be adversely affected
by his threats, or any attempts by him actually
to inflict damages, can take proper precautions.

I would also ask Mr. Conrad to reconsider
his intenions, because such a retaliation
by him, for an honest mistake, could constitute
a serious felony on his part, one which we
will not hestitate to prosecute with every
means at our disposal.

I am saying this, because the resources which
we plan to make available at our website
together constitute the culmination of
seven full years of dedicated work.  We are not
about to permit some vicious deed to compromise
that work, even if done by one disgruntled email
recipient who has received one too many messages --
by mistake, I must repeat.

Thank you all for your consideration.

copy:  Supreme Law School, Friends

Dear Postmaster,

Because we made a mistake, this man now
threatens to "hack" our website.

Do you regard this as appropriate?

If not, please take disciplinary action.

Thank you.

>I HAVE ASKED YOU ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS TO CEASE AND DESIST SENDING ME ANY
MORE OF THESE UNSOLICITED MESSAGES.

>IF YOU AGAIN IGNORE MY REQUEST,  I WILL TAKE EVERY ACTION AVAILABLE TO ME
BOTH  LEGAL  AND  NOT SO LEGAL  TO HACK YOU INTO OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!