Time: Sat Sep 13 05:50:13 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA09723;
	Sat, 13 Sep 1997 05:49:07 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA19735;
	Sat, 13 Sep 1997 05:47:24 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 05:47:15 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: "those who read all the books"

When I took my introductory walking tour
of the UCLA campus, as a newly admitted
sophomore, we were being shown the Main
Library, in the quad (the oldest part of
campus), and I casually asked the guide
how many books were in that one library.
She answered: "About a million."  UCLA has
about 50 major libraries, many of them
specializing in certain subjects, like
medicine, mathematics, and law.  The UCLA
medical center ranks near the World Trade
Center in total floor area.  I have yet to
meet anyone who has read "all the books".
They are being written faster than anyone
could every read them, anyway!  :)  The
Internet is the proof of my last sentence.