Time: Sat Sep 20 19:23:25 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA07987;
	Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:44:14 -0700 (MST)
         id QAA12194; Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
         id QAA12181; Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:37:14 -0700 (PDT)
         id QAA12173; Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: CONCHR Womens' Magazines' Agenda
From: WFB <ralexand@linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
To: conchr-l@xc.org

This is absolutely correct.  I never read those trashy fashion/sex
magazines, because they are too superficial (I prefer National Review and
the like), but the other day I was in a waiting room for hours and all
they had was women's fashion magazines.  I was amazed at how many of them
carried interviews/specials about Hillary Clinton (anyone remember them
covering Nancy Reagan or Barbara Bush this much?  No, when I was a high
schooler and actually read this type of trash I never saw them featured
this much).  And then the feature articles/columns were equally as left as
this article describes.  I'm so sick of hearing about "women's issues."
As we all know, there are over 1 million members of Concerned Women for
America, as to 300,000 and declining for N.O.W., so the phrase "women's
issues" is actually referring to a minority of women.  Anyways, the
garbage discussed in those magazines was so offensive anyways, that how
could any decent conservative woman want to read it anyways?  I consider
myself a fairly wild young conservative woman, nothing like my old stodgy
parents, yet the stuff they discuss in these magazines is
disgusting--orgasms, sex, venereal diseases.  And they discuss like
everyone is having pre-marital sex constantly.  Disgusting.  Doesn't
anyone "fashionable" have morals anymore?  You'd think they'd be
embarrassed to have their name associated with such stuff.
I write a column now for our university paper, the University of Arizona
Daily Wildcat.  This sounds like a good column.  Especially compared to
the crud the other columnists write about--"hating Jesus freaks,"
"premature ejaculation," and "female genital mutilation."
I sat by the guy who wrote against "Jesus freaks," and as nice as I am, I
could not bring myself to say hi or anything.  I guess I'd be nice if
spoken to, but I wasn't going to go out of my way.
Anyways, I will continue to ignore Women's Magazines.  There's nothing
intellectual in them anyways, so why bother??  Now if they had a
conservative intellectual women's magazine, I'd bother :-)

WFB Alexander

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not.

http://www.eskimo.com/~wfb                   -Thomas Jefferson