Time: Sat Sep 20 19:24:16 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA14572;
	Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:43:47 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 21:43:34 -0400
Originator: heritage-l@gate.net
From: Pam Crane <cbs@gate.net>
To: pmitch@primenet.com
Subject: HERITAGE-L STATUS Update

Subscribers,

Apparently cyber gate loaded new mail software a few days ago, and
mail traffic virtually came to a standstill. The system is once
again operational and heritage-l messages are once again being
distributed, although somewhat slowly due to the very large backlog
throughout the system.

All submitted messages have been processed, but I can not detect any
logic in the order or timing that they are being distributed, but
cyber gate claims that none have or will be lost.

Within 24 hours the backlog should be processed and we will be back to
normal.

Mike Crane
List Moderator