Time: Thu Aug 07 13:54:12 1997
	Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:23:37 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:22:39 -0700
To: Eudora for Windows <eudora-win@wso.williams.edu>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Eudora cannot open messages

of writing a different format, one
which Eudora will not understand.
DOS EDIT may work, if IN.MBX is not
too large;  else, EDIT will err
for being "out of memory".

If you examine IN.MBX carefully,
you will see the ????? which indicate
the start of a new message.  The file
IN.TOC stores pointers to these starting
lines, to permit direct access to
individual messages.

I hope this helps.

>On 08:14 AM 8/6/97 -0400, the following was submitted for consideration by
Adam Kippes:
>>That's what it means... but don't you think it's a bit risky, not setting
>>any limit? What if I get mad at you? <g>
>
>So my question is are we talking about this option affecting downloading
or affecting opening?  I set it at no limit because I want all the mail
from my server to download first.  It does that fine.  So now that I have
it all downloaded, I want to read a message I see in the window, but it
won't let me.  The point is that I have set no limits, but Eudora obviously
thinks it knows better.  This option is on the Checking Mail page of the
options, so why is it screwing with the opening of a message that has been
on my drive for a few hours?