Time: Thu Aug 07 20:42:41 1997
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA01856;
	Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:46:57 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 16:45:55 -0700
To: sew@valint.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Where are Janet Reno's credentials? (fwd)

Uncertified documents are not admissible.
If they are not admissible, then the
judicial record cannot support a conclusion
that the oath was taken, because such a
conclusion assumes facts not in evidence.
Therefore, no oath was taken.  FOIA's
judicial remedies are spelled out by
Congress:  enforce production of documents
improperly withheld, and enjoin the improper
withholding of documents properly requested.
FOIA requests for credentials required by
the Constitution are Petitions to Government
for redress of grievances;  as such, they
warrant special constitutional protection,
under the authority of the Petition Clause.
Read the Federal Rules of Evidence, for
more criteria governing the admissibility
of uncertified documents.