Time: Thu Oct 02 09:26:41 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA00952;
	Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:25:20 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA23596;
	Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:21:26 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 09:20:55 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS:  Substitute W-8 Form

W-8's are for banks, S&L's, credit unions,
and other financial institutions, not the IRS.

I once succeeded in getting both Bank of America
and Wells Fargo Bank in California to accept them,
in lieu of a SSN.  The accounts they opened did
NOT have SSN's in their computer database.

You must, however, open ONLY accounts which do not
bear interest, otherwise the bank will report
interest to the IRS.

What follows here is a slightly updated version of the
Substitute W-8 Form which appears in Appendix "L" of
"The Federal Zone: Cracking the Code of Internal Revenue,"
electronic seventh edition:

                 ASSEVERATION OF FOREIGN STATUS

                      [Substitute W-8 Form]

This document  replaces/supersedes any/all  previous declarations
of status  by John  Q. Doe  and it  is to be used as my NOTICE OF
RESCISSION OF  ANY PREVIOUS  SIGNATURE AND ANY POWER OF ATTORNEY,
ab initio,  as it relates to any previous W-4, W-8, W-9, etc., as
well as Federal and State information forms or presentments.

California State/Republic )
                          )         ASSEVERATION OF STATUS
County of Marin           )

I, John Q. Doe, state, of Right, my Status as follows:

1.   That I am of lawful age and that I am competent to make this
     Asseveration of Status;

2.   That I  am  a  non-immigrant,  non-naturalized,  nonresident
     alien, non-taxpayer,  natural born  free American, Sovereign
     man and  an inhabitant  of a geographical area in a State of
     the American Union known as the California Republic;

3.   That I  am an American and nonresident alien with respect to
     the "United  States" (i.e.,  the District of Columbia, Guam,
     American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico,
     etc.) with  no income effectively connected with a "trade or
     business"  (IRC  7701(a)(26))  within  the  "United  States"
     (Government);

4.   That I  have never  knowingly,  willingly,  voluntarily  and
     intentionally  inhabited  the  state  of  the  forum  (Forum
     Contractus in Latin);

5.   That I  have never  been involved  in any  taxable "trade or
     business" activity  under 27  Code  of  Federal  Regulations
     (CFR) pursuant  to commerce in Alcohol, Tobacco Products and
     Firearms, State or Federal;

6.   That this Asseveration is to be used in lieu of Form W-8, as
     suggested by  that Form W-8, specifically:  "Use Form W-8 or
     a  substitute   form  containing   a  substantially  similar
     statement to  tell the  payor ... that you are a nonresident
     alien individual,  foreign entity,  or exempt foreign person
     not subject to certain U.S. information return, reporting or
     backup withholding rules."

The following information is given in lieu of a Form W-8:

     Name:          John Q. Doe
     Location:      c/o general delivery
                    San Rafael [zip code exempt]
                    CALIFORNIA STATE

     Please note:  I do not voluntarily use unqualified ZIP codes
     or other  forms of Federal Identification, e.g., "CA", "TX",
     "FL", etc., because I do not reside inside Government (U.S.)
     Territory or any of its Federal Territories.

     U.S. taxpayer identification number:  not applicable

     See Form  W-8:  "... foreign persons [sic] are not generally
     required to  have a U.S. taxpayer identification number, nor
     are they  subject to  any backup withholding because they do
     not furnish  such a number to a payer or broker."  [Emphasis
     added for purposes of conspicuous notice.]

     You are  hereby ordered  to purge  the "Social  Security  or
     Taxpayer I.D.  Number" as shown on Your "Payer's Request for
     Taxpayer Identification Number" form, if any.

     Check the appropriate space(s) with an "X":

     (   )     For Interest  Payments, I  am not a "U.S. citizen"
               or "U.S. resident";  AND

     (   )     For Broker  Transactions or Barter Exchanges, I am
               an exempt foreign Sovereign man.

THIS ASSEVERATION  OF STATUS  IS  TO  NOTIFY  PAYERS,  MIDDLEMEN,
BROKERS, AND  BARTER EXCHANGES NOT TO WITHHOLD OR REPORT PAYMENTS
OF INTEREST, BROKER TRANSACTIONS, OR BARTER EXCHANGES.

The W-8  accompanying this  ASSEVERATION OF STATUS should not and
cannot be attached to this ASSEVERATION OF STATUS but is enclosed
for information purposes only.

NUNC PRO  TUNC, this _____ day of __________, 19____ Anno Domini,
for January 21, 1950 (date of birth),

with explicit reservation all of my unalienable rights
and  without prejudice to any of my unalienable rights,

I, ______________________________________________________________
   (signature)

   (printed name)

state that the foregoing is true in substance and in fact, to the
best of  my knowledge  and belief, and is made in good faith, and
that this asseveration could be used as evidence, and that I have
personal knowledge of the facts stated herein.

             California All-Purpose Acknowledgement

CALIFORNIA STATE/REPUBLIC       )
                                )
COUNTY OF MARIN                 )

     On the  ________ day  of  ____________,  199_  Anno  Domini,
before me personally appeared John Q. Doe, personally known to me
(or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the
Person whose  name is  subscribed to  the within  instrument  and
acknowledged to  me that  he executed  the same in His authorized
capacity, and  that by  His  signature  on  this  instrument  the
Person, or  the entity  upon behalf  of which  the Person  acted,
executed the  instrument.    Purpose  of  Notary  Public  is  for
identification only,  and  not  for  entrance  into  any  foreign
jurisdiction.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

Notary Public