Time: Wed Aug 13 12:36:28 1997
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:35:24 -0700
To: <hawknest@microweb.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in toolbar]
Subject: Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO, Phoenix Newspapers, Inc.
Cc: [address in toolbar]

[This text is formatted in Courier 11, non-proportional spacing.]

                                      c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776
                                         Tucson [zip code exempt]
                                                 ARIZONA REPUBLIC

                                                  August 10, 1997

Mr. John Oppedahl
Publisher and CEO
"The Arizona Republic"
c/o P.O. Box 1950
Phoenix 85001/tdc
ARIZONA REPUBLIC

Subject:  Letter from Frank G. Long, dated August 8, 1997

Dear Mr. Oppedahl:

I have  received, but  not accepted,  a letter  from Mr. Frank G.
Long,  claiming   that  Phoenix   Newspapers,  Inc.  ("PNI")  has
instructed him to take legal action against Me, to obtain a court
order to  stop what he alleges to be "unauthorized and infringing
use of  ARIZONA REPUBLIC".   With that letter, he also enclosed a
copy of  a document  which he  described as  "a copy of complaint
that will  be filed in U.S. District Court of Arizona and served"
upon Me,  unless I  deliver to  his office by 12:00 noon, Friday,
August 15, 1997, a letter advising PNI that I will:

     (1)  immediately   cease    using   ARIZONA    REPUBLIC   on
          correspondence or  on the  Internet in  connection with
          any publications or related services;

     (2)  refrain from  using ARIZONA  REPUBLIC in that manner in
          the future;

     (3)  sign an  agreement confirming  My acceptance  of  these
          demands.

Mr. Oppedahl,  I have  very good reasons to believe that Mr. Long
is either  entirely ignorant of many important material facts, or
he has  deliberately chosen  to withhold  many important material
facts from you, which you need to know immediately.  In an effort
to persuade  you to  reconsider the  action which  Mr.  Long  has
threatened in  writing to  take, I  offer the  following for your
careful consideration, review, and verification:

1.   Mr. Long refers in his letter to correspondence which I have
     been sending to the Pima County Attorney's office.

It is  true that I have been sending first class U.S. Mail to the
Pima County  Attorney's office.   However, this mail is of a very
confidential and  sensitive nature,  because it  concerns several
cases which  are currently  underway in state and federal courts,
here in Tucson and also in Phoenix.  I can only speculate at this
point in  time, how  it was that Mr. Long obtained access to this
correspondence and  its contents.   You need to ask him yourself,
how it was that he did so.  If and when you obtain an answer from
him, would  you please  do Me the courtesy of relating his answer
to Me?  I would very much appreciate that.

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 1 of 7

For your  information, I  have requested  the  Pima  County  Jury
Commissioner to  provide Me with an opportunity to testify to the
currently convened  grand jury  in Pima  County,  concerning  the
material evidence  I now  have of  probable  cause  for  charging
several government  employees and  private individuals in Arizona
with numerous  violations of  federal and  state criminal  codes.
These  cases,  which  have  thoroughly  documented  the  material
evidence to which I refer, are the following:

     In Re  Grand Jury  Subpoena Served on New Life Health Center
     Company, United  States District  Court, Tucson, case number
     #GJ-95-1-6

     Mitchell v.  Nordbrock,  Pima  County  Consolidated  Justice
     Court, Tucson, case number #CV-97-3438

     People ex  rel. Mitchell v. Pima County Consolidated Justice
     Court, Superior  Court of Arizona State, Tucson, case number
     #320831

     Swan Business Organization v. Ulan et al., Superior Court of
     the State of Arizona, Tucson, case number #315580

     In Re Eugene A. and Linda H. Burns, United States Bankruptcy
     Court, Tucson, case number #96-01624-TUC-LO

     In  Re   New  Life  Health  Center  Company,  United  States
     Bankruptcy Court, Phoenix, case number #93-06051-PHX-GBN

     In Re J. Fife Symington III, United States Bankruptcy Court,
     Phoenix, case number #95-08397-PHX-GBN

     U.S.A. v. Wallen, United States District Court, Tucson, case
     number #95-484-WDB

I have  listed the  above cases  in part  because you  have ready
access to  the docket files here in Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix).
There are  a number  of additional cases which I could cite here,
but their  files are  all in  the custody of court clerks who are
located in  other states  of the  Union.  Notably, the grand jury
civil case  #GJ-95-1-6 and  the Wallen criminal case #95-484-WDB,
have resulted  in formal  Complaints of Judicial Misconduct being
filed with the Clerk of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San
Francisco, California.   I  would fully  expect that  the  latter
Clerk will  give you  access to  the docket  files for  those two
Judicial Misconduct Complaints, upon proper request for same.

Now, with  these specific cases as a factual and legal foundation
for what  I am about to tell you, I am extremely alarmed that Mr.
Long has  admitted, in  writing which  he transmitted  to Me  via
Certified United  States  Mail,  that  he  is  already  aware  of
correspondence which  I have  been sending  to  the  Pima  County
Attorney's Office.   For  your information,  I  have  had  direct
written contact  with Mr.  David R. White, Chief Criminal Deputy,
and Ms.  Carolyn Emerine,  Program Director.   Because she is the
head of  that entire  government unit,  I would fully expect that
Ms. Barbara  LaWall, Pima  County Attorney,  is also aware of the

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 2 of 7

several written  materials which  I have already forwarded to Mr.
White and  to Ms. Emerine.  Please contact the latter individuals
on your  own, as  soon as  possible, to confirm what I am telling
you here.  But, please read the rest of this letter first, okay?

Without knowing  any more about Mr. Long's method(s) of obtaining
access to  the information  which I  have supplied  to  the  Pima
County Attorney's  office, I  would have  to say  that his letter
contains enough incriminating admissions to constitute sufficient
and probable  cause for Me to charge him with aiding and abetting
a serious criminal conspiracy.  It is evident to Me that the Pima
County Attorney's  office is  taking affirmative  steps to  delay
and/or prevent  certain essential  investigations from proceeding
into the  material evidence  which I  have  assembled  and  cited
above.    The  criminal  violations  to  which  I  have  been  an
eyewitness, and  the evidence  of which  I have  already verified
under penalty  of perjury,  constitute  proof  of  the  following
criminal activities:

     (1)  deprivations of fundamental Rights, under color of law,
          including, but  not limited to systematic violations of
          voting Rights, and jury selection policies;

     (2)  conspiracy  to   deprive  the   fundamental  Rights  of
          Citizens of Arizona;

     (3)  obstruction  of   correspondence  transmitted   through
          United States Mail to a federal grand jury;

     (4)  perjury before  a  United  States  District  Court  and
          before a federal grand jury;

     (5)  tampering with a federal grand jury;

     (6)  obstruction of  justice in  proceedings before a United
          States District Court and before a federal grand jury;

     (7)  conspiracy to  commit  obstruction  of  correspondence,
          jury  tampering,   obstruction  of   justice,  perjury,
          barratry, extortion, and mail fraud;

     (8)  placing  false   and  misrepresentative  statements  in
          pleadings filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court;

     (9)  threatening a  known federal  witness, and  retaliating
          against a known federal witness;

     (10) racketeering and  child kidnapping  across state lines,
          and conspiracy to commit both across state lines;

     (11) fraud, bank  fraud, mail  fraud, and  wire fraud  on an
          Arizona pure trust, and upon the officers of an Arizona
          pure trust;

     (12) theft of  professional services,  wrongful termination,
          contempt of  court, libel, defamation, grand theft, and
          aiding and abetting one or more of the above.

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 3 of 7

In support  of evidence  establishing probable cause for charging
certain individuals,  both in  and out  of government,  with  the
criminal activities  itemized above,  I have  enclosed, for  your
careful review  and study,  several documents  which have already
been filed  in the cases cited above.  I encourage you to confirm
that these  documents have,  in fact,  been  filed,  served,  and
docketed in their respective cases.

2.   In his  letter, Mr.  Long refers to a complaint that will be
     filed in  U.S. District  Court in Arizona, unless I yield to
     his demands [sic].

The so-called  COMPLAINT [sic] Mr. Long enclosed with his letter,
in and  of itself  constitutes further  probable cause  for Me to
believe that  Mr. Long  may already  be conspiring  with the very
same individuals  who are  active suspects  in one or more of the
criminal activities  itemized above.   I  refer  specifically  to
Richard H.  Weare, Clerk  of the  U.S. District Court in Arizona.
Please note the active role which Mr. Weare has, evidently, taken
in the  conspiracy: to  obstruct correspondence, to tamper with a
federal grand jury, and to obstruct justice in proceedings before
the U.S.  District Court in Tucson last year, in #GJ-95-1-6.  See
the enclosed letter to the FBI in Tucson, in particular.

To My  knowledge, this  conspiracy  continues  right  up  to  the
present time;   I know this, because the Chief Judge of the Ninth
Circuit has failed to act on either of the Complaints of Judicial
Misconduct which  I have  filed against two (2) federal judges in
Tucson.   Mr. Long's  draft COMPLAINT  is first  described by Mr.
Long as  a complaint  that will  be filed  [sic], but  that  very
COMPLAINT already  bears civil  case number #CIV-97-0025-PHX-EHC.
In other  words, it  has already  been filed in the office of Mr.
Richard H.  Weare, and a federal judge has already been assigned.
Therefore, that  proceeding has  already commenced,  but Mr. Long
misleads Me  into thinking that he has not yet filed it, and that
it has  not yet commenced.  What is the truth here, Mr. Oppedahl?
This misrepresentation  is probable cause to charge Mr. Long with
transmitting fraudulent and/or deliberately misleading statements
via United States Mail;  this is also a federal offense.

There are  a number  of other  misleading  and  misrepresentative
statements which  Mr. Long  has already  written in his so-called
COMPLAINT.   If you  do not already have a copy of this so-called
COMPLAINT, I  do encourage  you to get a true and correct version
of the  one which  must already  have been filed in the office of
Mr. Richard  H. Weare,  in order  for it  to  bear  a  valid  and
currently active case number.

I do  feel that  it is My moral obligation to inform you that Mr.
Long is  proceeding on  the basis  of  certain  assumptions,  and
presumptions, that  are demonstrably  false and  which completely
eclipse any  integrity his  allegations might otherwise have had.
In particular, if he is deluding himself into believing that I am
"profiting" from My activism as a writer, investigator, Counselor
at Law,  and federal  witness, he  is tragically and demonstrably
mistaken.  I will now summarize the real losses I have sustained.

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 4 of 7

When I  worked for  Elizabeth Broderick on her civil and criminal
cases in  Los Angeles,  she stiffed  Me for over $10,000 in legal
services, and loaned Me a car with tampered front brakes.

When I  worked for  LeRoy Schweitzer  and his nineteen (19) other
co-defendants in  Billings, Montana,  he and his associates there
stiffed Me for over $10,000 in legal services, and then proceeded
to delay and tamper with numerous pieces of legal mail which were
directed to Me, care of their post office box.

When I  worked for  Sheila Wallen in her criminal case in Tucson,
she stiffed  Me for  over $3,000  in legal services;  her brother
David Wallen  aided and  abetted Herb Crawford in an act of grand
theft against My private property.

When I  worked for  the New  Life Health  Center ("New  Life") in
Tucson, the  General Manager  stiffed Me for over $2,000 in legal
services, and  damaged Me  in a  host of  other  ways  which  are
already well documented, and which remain undenied.

When Herb  Crawford vacated My apartment very suddenly, because I
demanded that  he do  so, he  took with  him over $1,200 worth of
cash and  office equipment, this after threatening Me twelve (12)
times when he already knew very well that I am a federal witness.

After Crawford  threatened My life, and this after I provided him
with shelter  which he  told Me  he needed desperately, I did not
think it was wise to keep any money around My house.  I entrusted
the New  Life accountant  with $3,000  of My  own money, and that
accountant, Mr.  Neil T.  Nordbrock, then  proceeded to  embezzle
every last  penny of this money, leaving Me destitute and without
essential medical services.  Do you have an adding machine?

Mr. Oppedahl, if you do know the secret of squeezing blood from a
turnip, would you please let Me in on this valuable secret?

3.   In his so-called COMPLAINT, Mr. Long expresses his desire to
     persuade a federal court to order an accounting by Me of all
     "profits derived  from the providing of services through the
     unauthorized use of ARIZONA REPUBLIC" [sic].

Mr. Oppedahl,  this statement  by Mr. Long makes it very clear to
Me that  he, and  his unnamed accessories, have much more in mind
than some  trivial changes  in the  way I  have chosen  to  label
envelopes which  I transmit  through the  mail.   This  statement
expresses his  intention to bring down upon Me the criminal force
and undue  influence of  the very  same conspiracy  which I  have
already  identified  and  documented  within  the  United  States
District Court,  here in  Tucson, in Phoenix, and in other cities
across this  nation.    Do  you  want  to  be  the  one  who  was
responsible for  authorizing such conduct by Mr. Long?  Would you
please do Me the courtesy of an honest answer to this question?

If you are still a bit confused by any of the points which I have
already made in this letter, please find a way to locate and read
the essay  entitled "Karma and the Federal Courts" in the Supreme

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 5 of 7

Law Library  at http://www.supremelaw.com.    The  United  States
District Court  ("USDC") is a territorial court, identical to the
"territorial courts  of the United States" which are mentioned in
15 U.S.C.  1121 --  one of  the statues  cited by Mr. Long in his
so-called COMPLAINT;  this is the court he intends to petition.

Arizona is  not a  territory;  it is a Union state, a REPUBLIC, a
star on  the flag,  under the  Guarantee Clause.  If the attorney
whom your corporation has hired does not yet understand this all-
important distinction,  then you  and your  corporation may be in
very deep  trouble, much  deeper trouble  than you  ever imagined
possible.   I am saying this with all honesty, and with great and
sincere earnest,  because the  conspiracy which I have identified
needs to  be contained, not enlarged.  I am not referring here to
some grand  or vague  international oligarchy;  I am referring to
the statutory  definition  of  "conspiracy"  which  Congress  has
legislated at  18 U.S.C.  241.  Even if you did not know anything
about it  before now,  your willingness  to  aid  and  abet  this
criminal racket  would still make you and your corporation liable
as accessories  after the  fact;  all the more so, do you now run
the very serious and real risk of criminal complicity, because of
the many  statements of material fact which I am sharing with you
here, all  of which can, and should, be independently verified by
you before authorizing Mr. Long to proceed as planned.

In conclusion,  Mr. Oppedahl,  please carefully  and deliberately
reconsider the  actions which  Mr. Long  is threatening  to  take
against Me,  as  described  in  his  recent  letter  and  in  the
accompanying COMPLAINT  which he  has not  only drafted, but also
filed in  the USDC  in Phoenix,  Arizona.   I should  think that,
after reading  and verifying  all of  the statements which I have
carefully prepared  for your  confidential review here, you would
at least  give Me  the benefits  of the  doubt and  of a  private
hearing in  your office, hopefully in front of witnesses (veteran
reporters perhaps?)  and with  a good  tape  recorder  going,  to
commemorate My verbal confirmations to you, in Person.

I do honestly think that Mr. Long is proposing a course of action
which could very well result in serious damages to your good name
and reputation,  and to  the good  name and  reputation  of  your
excellent newspaper,  that are  far beyond anything which you can
presently anticipate  with any  degree of  accuracy.  I say this,
because of  the mountains  of litigation  in which I have already
been involved since I began this work in 1990.  The cases which I
have cited  for you above, are only a sample of the overall story
which I  have already  documented, to  the very best of My mental
and physical  abilities.   The fact  that I  am still alive today
should be  an indication to you that I am getting help, but it is
not the kind of help which comes from a terrestrial source.

Let us  now stop to pray and ponder the best course of action for
you, for  your company,  for your newspaper, for Arizona, and for
the entire  nation.   I can  guarantee to  you this much:  if you
will humble yourself before the Most High and ask for His special
guidance, you  will receive  it with  unfailing  reliability  and
strength.  You have that on My word, because it is His Word which
I am conveying to you.  On His Word you can always rely.  Always.

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 6 of 7

Thank you very much for your careful and considerate attention.

Sincerely yours,

/s/ Paul Mitchell

Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S.
Counselor at Law, federal witness,
Citizen of Arizona state, and
private attorney general

copy:  Hon. William L. Scholl, attorney in private practice
       Judge Alex Kozinski, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
       James A. Crawford, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Tucson
       Division Commander, security and investigations
       Officer Jack McLamb, Phoenix Police Department (Ret.)
       Postmaster, USPS, Coronado Station, Tucson
       Postmaster, USPS, Downtown Station, Tucson
       anonymous colleagues

enclosures

     Confidential Letter to John Oppedahl, CEO:  Page 7 of 7

                             #  #  #

email:   [address in toolbar]        : using Eudora Pro 3.0.3 on 586 CPU