Time: Wed Aug 20 17:53:22 1997
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id PAA16970;
	Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:25:42 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:24:18 -0700
To: kabis@sibak.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: NOTICE OF INTENT ?????

If a regulation does not exist, and you need one,
you have a right to petition the federal government
to issue one, but only AFTER they follow the rules
already established for creating regulations in the first
place.  These rules require notice of proposed regs,
then a public comment period, then publication of
final regs, with a grace period for any last-minute
complaints.  There is an administrative review process,
which must run its course before judicial review can
commence.

The creation of regulations is governed, in part,
by the Administrative Procedures Act ("APA") in
Title 5 of the United States Code.  Here, you see
how 5 U.S.C. section 553(e) recognizes the right to petition
government to redress their negligence -- for failing
to issue crucial regulations, such as the grant of original
jurisdiction to the district court of the United States,
to prosecute crimes committed in violation of the
federal criminal code (18 U.S.C.).  Publication of
proposed regs, and of final regs, is governed by the
Federal Register Act, because the Code of Federal
Regulations ("CFR") is considered a supplement to
the Federal Register.

You might try reading the Jury Selection and Service Act
(28 U.S.C. 1861 et seq.);  it is not all that difficult
to understand, particularly the U.S. "policy" at
section 1861 (right at the start of the Act).  The entire
United States Code is now available at many Internet websites;
you can search the U.S.C. by entering Title and Section
numbers, and the Internet will produce this exact section(s)
for you, on your own computer.

I hope this helps.  If this is still not "English" enough,
I will boil it down even further.  It would be better if
you asked for clarification of specific points above.

copy: Supreme Law School