Time: Tue Sep 16 15:10:41 1997
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA18769;
	Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:21:56 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:21:45 -0700
To: Brooks Martin <haze11@prodigy.net>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Proposal for fewer distracions [corrected]
Cc: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com

Dear Mr. Martin,

I must decline your request below,
with all due respect, because I have
good reason to believe that the recent
attacks on our work here, are motivated
by a desire to deflect interest in
the merits, and in the results, of that
research.

Your "request" below is one which I would
have to put in the same category, particularly
after you communicated several false statements
to me concerning your intentions to enroll in
our school.

Yes, I am openly questioning your motives, sir.
What you appear to be attempting here is your
own ad hominem distraction from the productive
direction which this research has taken.

Let me give you just one small example.

It is clear now, that the U.S. Supreme Court
has only been authorized to promulgate rules
for the United States District Court, but
there is no comparable authority for that
court to promulgate rules for the District
Court of the United States.  This, in and
of itself, has enormous implications for
the American People's prospects at ever
achieving due process of law in the DCUS,
particularly when tax and/or monetary questions
should arise.  The case of USA v. Knudson is
the one in which this finding was first documented,
to the best of our knowledge.  This is not to say
that others did not make the same finding, at
approximately the same time.

Now, if you would prefer to pull these public
conversations down to an altitude which
is close to the gutter, rather than to deal
with the obvious and enormous implications of
the merits, please don't let me stop you.

Calling them "distractions" suggests to me a great
deal about what it is YOU are trying to do.

Deal with the merits, man!

The First Amendment is alive and well in my
country.  I suggest that you read it again.