Time: Mon Aug 11 13:02:20 1997
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id MAA03751;
	Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:17:03 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:15:57 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Passports for American Citizens

>I need to renew a lost passport.
>I have spent considerable effort
>not to be a United States citizen.
>
>Am I about to blow that effort with a passport??
>
>I had heard that there was a passport
>available to state Citizens.  Is this
>true and do you have any info?

Yes, it has a green cover, instead of blue.

You want to declare yourself to be a
"Citizen of the United States of America" [sic].
You enjoy the Right of Election, under the
Tenth Amendment.  For authority, see
44 Maine 528-529 (1859), Appleton concurring.

Your authorities are 1:2:2, 1:3:3, and 2:1:5
in the Constitution for the United States of
America;  these are also known as the
"Qualifications Clauses";  see U.S. Term Limits,
Inc. v. Thornton, 115 S.Ct. 1842, 131 L.Ed.2d
881 (1995), Kennedy concurring.  It is a cardinal
rule in dealing with written instruments that
they are to receive an unvarying interpretation,
and that their practical construction is to be
uniform.  Cory et al. v. Carter, 48 Ind. 327, 335
(1874).  Therefore, the meaning of "Citizen of
the United States" in the Qualifications Clauses
means "Citizen of ONE OF the States united by
and under the Constitution for the United States
of America."  For further proof, compare the
holding in Ex Parte Knowles, 5 Cal. 300 (1855):
"there is no such thing as a citizen of the
United States [as of 1855]."

original message now follows: