Time: Fri Sep 05 06:34:52 1997
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id EAA23055;
	Fri, 5 Sep 1997 04:56:34 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 04:56:33 -0700
To: jus-dare@freedom.by.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Right Way Practitioner Responds (fwd)

Title 42, United States Code, Section 1983,
is a codified version of the 1866 Civil Rights Act.

As such, it is for federal citizens and resident
aliens, NOT for Citizens of the several states
of the Union.  Quoting:

"B.  Who is Protected;  Standing"

"853.  Generally"

"Rights under 42 USCS § 1983 are for citizens
 of the United States and not of state.  Wadleigh v.
 Newhall (1905, CC Cal) 136 F 941."

    [42 USCS § 1983, n 853, "Civil Rights", p. 600]

Check it out for yourself!