Time: Thu Aug 21 04:48:38 1997
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA21502;
	Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:07:40 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:06:15 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The treaties do not and cannot "grant"
rights here in America, because these treaties
are designed to reinforce and bolster
the fundamental Rights which are recognized
by our local constitutions.  Our several
constitutions already recognize the Source
of our rights, and that Source is not our
governments.  Read the Declaration of
Independence, for proof.  There is nothing
in these treaties which could ever be construed
to override, or supersede, this Declaration.

In other nations of the world, their governments
may, in fact, be recognized as the "source" of
their human rights, but not here!  That was the
unique situation which motivated Congress to
attach these explicit reservations in the first
place.

Take, for example, the obligation that
states party to the treaties will take steps
to guarantee "effective judicial remedies" [sic], and
to develop the "possibilities of effective
judicial remedies".  There is nothing in such a
goal which would impair or impede the magnificent
body of law which has evolved from the due process
clause in our Fifth Amendment.  It is very easy
to demonstrate that the U.S. has failed miserably,
for neglecting to develop the possibilities of
effective judicial remedies;  on the contrary,
they are now actively obstructing a well conceived,
and properly filed, challenge to the constitutionality
of our federal and state jury selection processes.
See Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF in the Supreme Law
Library for evidence proof positive.

That, right there, is probable cause to sue the
U.S. in the local county courts, for obstructing
and impeding effective judicial remedies, and to
compel them, via Mandamus, to get their house in
order, or find themselves in contempt of court,
and possibly also prison, until and unless they
start to obey the supreme Law of this Land.

copy:  Supreme Law School