Time: Sat Oct 11 20:59:17 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA12126;
	Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:58:57 -0700 (MST)
	by usr05.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA03004;
	Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:58:36 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:57:47 -0700
To: Pete Beim <beim@usa.net>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: 16-bit vs 32-bit Eudora Pro

Hi Peter,

We have two machines:

one is a 586/100 with Win 3.11   and FAT16 partitions (16MB/sec)  5GB
two is a 586/200 with Win95/OSR2 and FAT32 partitions (33MB/sec) 10GB

Migrating a 10GB database and much software from
Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 has not been an easy
task.  Now that the new 586/200 is installed and
running beautifully (a custom spec by Computers Plus
in Tucson, Arizona -- GREAT GUYS!!), we are ready
to move all the important data OFF the Windows 3.11
machine, and ON TO the Win95 machine.  As soon as
I get the money, the 586/100 will be re-formatted
for FAT32;  Win95/OSR2 will be installed;  and new
Network Interface Cards ("NIC's") will be added to both
machines, so I can have a 2-peer LAN.  Then, at that
point, and ONLY at that point, I will abandon EP
3.0.3(16) on the 586/100, and duplicate the 3.0.3(32)
version which is running very well, with a 32-bit dialer
from IBM.NET, on the 586/200.

Anyway, those are the dirty details in my end of the
woods.  I was very fortunate to have found Computers
Plus in Tucson.  They have the Davis-Monthan Air
Force Base as their regular customer, and they are extremely
current on all PC-based system software and hardware.

For example, Corbin Smith, my design and sales rep
at Computers Plus, moved the CD-ROM drive to a
dual-ported Adaptec SCSI controller, so I could reserve
2 Ultra-DMA EIDE ports for 2 new hard disks (@ 8GB?), whenever
I should need to add disks 3 and 4.  Being dual-ported,
this Adaptec has a total capacity for 30 separate
devices, so, when I run out of EIDE slots, we will
just switch over to SCSI hard disks, and just keep
on growing, into the 25-50GB range.  Since prices
are plumetting, I wanted to invest in the future,
and make further hardware upgrades/additions as
painless as possible.  So far, Corbin and I are in
complete agreement as to the migration path, and
everything they have done for me, has worked perfectly
the first time;  even the new cases seem to deliver
nearly fault-free hardware operation, all day long!!
They have special internal geometries, with sliding
trays for 3.5" disks in the normally empty spaces inside.

The two machines are powered by 2 UPS devices,
wired in series (450VA feeds 420VA), found necessary
during last year's monsoons with intense lightning
activity.  One UPS was simply not enough.  We are
orchestrating electrons here!  I am just amazed
whenever I meet computer owners who do NOT have
at least one UPS to protect their machines.

Sincerely,

copy:  Supreme Law School