Time: Tue Oct 14 07:56:35 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA18172;
	Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:50:05 -0700 (MST)
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA28947;
	Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:42:10 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:41:17 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: U.N. Security at Prophets Conference?  Confirmation
  needed.

FYI:  there is a "UN Observer" tag circulating,
which is a total spoof on the United Nations.
The small print says they are UNconstitutional,
UNaccountable, and UNauthorized (or words to that effect).

The tag is the size of an Iomega 100MB ZIP cartridge,
and it hangs from your neck, on a small jewelry
chain.  It was invented by Mr. Mike Taylor,
a Vietnam veteran who suffers from hearing loss.

I wore one during a lecture I once gave in
Arizona.  I don't know if the "UN Observer"
tag mentioned below is the same one, or not,
because I did not attend the Prophets Conference.

My best guess, without knowing any more,
is that the Prophets Conference was "crashed"
by a group of disgruntled activists who drink
too much alcohol.  Details are available
privately from me at email address:

       [address in toolbar]

Until confirmation is available, I doubt very
much that these "UN Observers" were actually
employed by the United Nations.  But, I am
open to correction on this "guess" of mine.