Time: Sat Nov 01 10:33:53 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id KAA10432;
	Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:29:06 -0700 (MST)
	by smtp03.primenet.com (8.8.7/8.8.7) id KAA24085;
	Sat, 1 Nov 1997 10:27:25 -0700 (MST)
 via SMTP by smtp03.primenet.com, id smtpd024079; Sat Nov  1 10:27:16 1997
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 10:27:50 -0800
To: DOWNSR@SMTPGATE.UMKC.EDU
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Edward A. Smith/Missouri Chair

TO:  Professor Robert C. Downs, Chair
     Smith Chair Search Committee
     School of Law
     University of Missouri - Kansas City
     5100 Rockhill Road
     Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
     Phone: (816) 235-2392; Fax: (816) 235-5523
     DOWNSR@SMTPGATE.UMKC.EDU

Dear Prof. Downs:

I would be interested in discussing
this position with you, at your earliest
convenience.

I submit to you my resume in electronic form
at URL:

       http://supremelaw.com

Due to economic retaliation by the federal
government, we have loaded only 8 of 30
total cases into the Supreme Law Library,
and the cases are only about 25% of the
total document set.

I wish you much success with your search!

/s/ Paul Mitchell
Counselor at Law, federal witness,
and private attorney general

copy:  Supreme Law School

original invitation now follows:

     Edward A. Smith/Missouri Chair
     University of Missouri - Kansas City
     School of Law

        The University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC) School of Law is
     seeking nominations and applications for the Edward A. Smith/Missouri
     Chair.  The Chair was created to enhance the School's tenured faculty
     with a nationally eminent scholar and teacher with demonstrated
     interest in improving society.  It is expected that the holder of the
     Chair will make significant contributions to student learning and
     scholarship, and will be an active leader in bringing creative
     solutions to the legal and social problems of the wider community.
     The Chair was established in honor of Edward A. Smith, whose
     distinguished career exemplified the use of law as a tool for shaping
     a better society.   This Chair is a part of a comprehensive endowment
     program to bring world class faculty to all of UMKC's schools and
     colleges.  Salary, benefits and research support will be competitive
     with other prestigious endowed chairs nationally.

        The School of Law was founded more than 100 years ago and is
     located in the beautiful Country Club Plaza area of Kansas City, a
     diverse metropolitan area of more than 1.6 million people.  The
     School's 28 full-time faculty members offer courses leading to J.D. or
     LL.M. degrees for approximately 500 students.  The School benefits
     from its metropolitan location, a large and academically talented pool
     of student applicants, a dedicated faculty and staff, strong community
     and alumni support, and a modern, technologically sophisticated
     building on a landscaped campus.  The UMKC School of Law is the only
     law school in Kansas City, and is one of two law schools in the
     University of Missouri system.

        Nominations and applications should be sent to: