Time: Sat Nov 08 17:05:19 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id RAA08718;
	Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:02:38 -0700 (MST)
	by smtp03.primenet.com (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA11334;
	Sat, 8 Nov 1997 16:59:19 -0700 (MST)
 via SMTP by smtp03.primenet.com, id smtpd011280; Sat Nov  8 16:59:09 1997
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 16:59:12 -0800
To: "Mary Heffernan" <bridget@interactive.net>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Law and Order episode 11/5/97 (fwd)

The comparison with the Montana Freemen
is very weak, at best.  Schweitzer claimed
to have perfected valid commercial liens,
by converting the silence of government
employees into an admission of guilt.

He did this by "signing" FOR these employees,
when they would not "sign" his true bills [sic]
themselves.

However, the Right to remain silent,
in the face of a criminal complaint and/or
criminal charge, is fundamental and,
therefore, unalienable (read "un-lien-able").

Waivers of fundamental Rights must be knowingly
intelligent acts, done with sufficient awareness
of the relevant circumstances, and likely
consequences.  Choosing to fall silent is not
tantamount to waiving the Right to do so.

On this one point, Schweitzer's whole house
of cards falls down, hard.

The comparison to a capital case is stretching
imaginations like salt water taffy.