Time: Thu Dec 04 10:35:22 1997
To: SafanNews@aol.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SAFAN NO. 665.  Attorney Gen RENO .....
Bcc:
Dear Dot,

I think we have a slight misunderstanding here.

I have read these, of course, but I do believe
you made a reference to certain "messages"
recently, and I did not know exactly which
"messages" you were referring to.

Like you, I get hundreds of messages EVERY DAY, so,
when someone refers to "their messages on that
subject," that term could encompass literally
dozens, maybe hundreds, of separate messages
on any given topic.

Consider the high probability that people are
generally in shock over this topic, even if
they have read your messages, and/or they
are inclined to shoot the messenger(s).
This happens to me all the time.

Last but not least, I have been ill with a
nagging cough and head cold, which has
interrupted my normal pattern of sleep.
I am exhausted when I wake up in the morning.
So, please factor in all of these considerations.

I do believe you are overreacting.  My sense
about the missing children is that people are
at a total loss to come up with a practical
plan, because they are just not trained in
the tactical aspects of law enforcement.
So, they are scared, but they do not want
to admit it.

Okay?  Does this help?

/s/ Paul Mitchell,
Candidate for Congress