Time: Fri Dec 05 01:52:26 1997
To: heritage-l@gate.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Focus of the Southern Activist
Bcc: sls
One key which has unlocked a wealth of
insight for us here, is to construct the
Guarantee Clause properly.  The United States
(federal government) is NOT required to
guarantee a Republican Form of Government
to itself, but only to the several states
of the Union.  Thus, all federal citizens
(aka citizens of the United States) are
necessarily associated with a jurisdiction
which does not enjoy the same fundamental
protections provided by the U.S. Constitution.

Although this is an obvious violation of the
principle of equal protection, the case of
Downes v. Bidwell basically held that the
Constitution of the United States, as such,
does NOT extend beyond the limits of the states
which are united by and under it.  We develop this
theme thoroughly in Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF,
now loaded in the Supreme Law Library, at the
URL just below my name here.

The main problem with Downes, in a nutshell,
is that Congress cannot legislate for the
federal zone, if the Constitution does not
extend into that zone.  Reductio ad absurdum.

Please help yourself.  That library is Free,
even though it has taken a monumental effort,
and much sacrifice, to reach this point.

/s/ Paul Mitchell,
Candidate for Congress