Time: Thu Dec 11 11:27:17 1997
To: brendamc <brendamc@admin.hilconet.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: plans per telecon
Bcc:

Brenda,

I made a few changes, mostly minor:

The edited file is attached and encoded in BinHex;
I can also encode in MIME and Uuencode.  Let me know.

"Appellant" should always be capitalized, as shown,
in the first letter only.

Do NOT accede to the use of ALL CAPS in the case
parties;  these are nommes de guerre [sic], and you
should object to this usage, in your opening brief.

The term "et al." should be in lower-case, and
in italics.

We usually style our captions as follows:

Milburn Ray, Vernor, Sui Juris            [line 1, column 1]
c/o general delivery at:
etc.

In Propria Persona   [italics]

All Rights Reserved
without prejudice

         TEXAS FOURTH COURT OF APPEALS     [line 16, single-spacing]

          [subdivision here, if any]

Zavala County Bank,    )  Docket Number 04-97-00709-CV
          Plaintiff/   )
          Appellee,    )  MOTION TO EXTEND TIME TO FILE  [bold]
     v.                )
                       )
Milburn Ray, Vernor,   )  [you had the parties backwards]
          Defendant,   )
          Appellant.   )
_______________________)

This is a generic format which is recommended by
the U.S. Supreme Court, and all courts honor it,
for that reason.

Other than that, you did a very nice, clean job!

Finally, you don't need a Notary, if you verify
pleadings pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746(1).  This
will establish your territorial jurisdiction
more effectively than anything else, because
1746(1) is for verifications without (outside)
the "United States" (federal government)!

If the court wants to make an issue out of this
usage, then you have a bona fide controversy
at law, and the appeals court can make case law
on that point.

p.s.  Please acknowledge receipt of this message.