Time: Thu Dec 11 19:07:08 1997
To: brendamc <brendamc@admin.hilconet.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: edited Motion to Extend Time
Bcc:
[make changes discussed in previous message]

     APPELLANT'S MOTION TO EXTEND TIME TO FILE THE BRIEF

Appellant, Milburn Ray, Vernor, under the authority of
Tex.R.App.P. 74(n), asks the court to extend time to file the
brief.

1.   The 293rd/365th Judicial District Court of Zavala/Dimmit
     County signed the default judgment in Zavala County Bank v.
     Milburn Vernor, et al., cause number 97-03-09516-CV, on July
     22/24, 1997.

2.   Appellant perfected the appeal timely on September 10, 1997.

3.   Appellant's brief is now due on December 30, 1997.

4.   Appellant requests an additional thirty (30) days to file
     the brief, that is, an extension of time until January 30,
     1998.

5.   In the alternative, Appellant requests an additional fifteen
     (15) days to file the brief, that is, an extension of time
     until January 15, 1998.

6.   This is Appellant's first request for an extension of time
     to file the brief.

7.   Appellant needs additional time to file the brief because:

     a)   The Christmas and New Year's holiday season impedes the
          normal course of work;

     b)   Appellant has retained new counsel;

     c)   Appellant's new counsel needs additional time to prepare;
          and

     d)   Appellant needs additional time to investigate newly found
          evidence, which is being investigated and acquired
          presently.

8.   For these reasons, Appellant asks the court to grant an
     extension of time to file the brief in this cause to January
     30, 1998, or in the alternative to January 15, 1998.

Respectfully submitted,

Vernor Motion to Extend Time                     ZCB-AP2.DOC
Page 1

__________________________________
Milburn Ray, Vernor
c/o General Delivery
La Pryor, Texas

                          VERIFICATION

State of Texas      )
                    )
County of Zavala    )

I, Milburn Ray, Vernor, Christian in the herein attached Notice
of Appeal, affirm by my bonafide and genuine signature hereon,
the facts and allegations therein, and further, affirm said facts
and allegations to be true and correct to the best of my
information and belief, so help me God.

                                   ______________________________
                                   Milburn Ray, Vernor

Before me, the undersigned authority, came Milburn Ray, Vernor,
and affirmed the foregoing facts are true and correct according
to his knowledge and belief, this ______ day of the twelfth month
in the year of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, nineteen
hundred ninety-seven.

                                   ______________________________
                                   NOTARY PUBLIC
SEAL

NOTE: Any use of a notary public by Milburn Ray, Vernor is only
for the purpose of signature identification or verification and
expressly does not indicate acquiescence into any foreign
jurisdiction.  All common law rights are reserved by Milburn Ray,
Vernor.

Vernor Motion to Extend Time                     ZCB-AP2.DOC
Page 2

                     CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I hereby certify that on this ____ day of the twelfth month in
the year of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, nineteen hundred
ninety-seven, a true and correct copy of the foregoing
APPELLANT'S MOTION TO EXTEND TIME TO FILE THE BRIEF has been sent
by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested to:

Fourth Court of Appeals            ___________________________
300 Dolorosa, Suite 3200
San Antonio, Texas 78205-3037

for filing into the record of this action, and to:

Joe M. Davis                       ___________________________
NUNLEY & JOLLEY, L.L.P.
194 S. Main Street, Suite 301
Boerne, Texas 78006

NUNLEY & JOLLEY, L.L.P.
194 S. Main Street, Suite 301
Boerne, Texas 78006

as attorneys of record for the appellee.

                              Milburn Vernor

Vernor Motion to Extend Time                     ZCB-AP2.DOC
Page 3

                             #  #  #