Time: Sat Dec 13 14:31:00 1997
To: repub-d@u.washington.edu
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: auto insurance
Bcc: sls
Liability insurance indemnifies the
State's interest in the car or truck;
that is the underlying reason for making
it mandatory on all "motor vehicles" --
read "registered, and thus operating in
interstate commerce" by definition.

Comprehensive is something else again,
although you will probably have some
difficulty getting this kind of insurance
on a car, if it is not already registered.

There is a fair amount of collusion which
is going on, between the corporate State
governments, and the banks and insurance
companies.  Insurance companies have nothing
to do except process receipts, and pay out
claims -- very low overhead, compared to
other industries, like auto production,
or telecommunications.

This is my earnest understanding of the
truth of the situation;  remember, the
common law is the rule of decision in
all California state courts.  The "common
law" is recognized by the 7th Amendment,
and its meaning remains constant, until
and unless three-fourths of the several
states should amend it properly.  To be
eligible for admission to the Union, each
state's constitution must recognize the
U.S. Constitution as the supreme Law of
the Land;  thus, the 7th Amendment is
the supreme Law in each Union state.

Martial rule and/or martial is prohibited
by Article III, which prevents the
federal government from warring against
the several states.  An artificially
prolonged "emergency" violates the intent
of the prohibition against treason.

/s/ Paul Mitchell,
Candidate for Congress