Time: Wed Dec 17 13:06:36 1997
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: GWS: "The Rockefeller Report"  EEEEE GAAAAADS!!!!
Bcc: <BetHughes@aol.com>
I fail to see how anybody can read these conclusions,
and not come away totally convinced that our front-line
military personnel are now under biological attack ...
... from within their own organizations, and
by their own government!!

Please, SOMEBODY, prove me wrong about this!!

/s/ Paul Mitchell,
Candidate for Congress
http://supremelaw.com

"The Rockefeller Report" is now at:

  http://www.gulfweb.org/bigdoc/rockrep.cfm

Finding "A":

For at least 50 years, DOD has knowingly exposed military
personnel to potentially dangerous substances, often in secret.

Finding "B":

DOD has repeatedly failed to comply with required ethical
standards when using human subjects in military research
during war or threat of war.

Finding "C":

DOD incorrectly claims that since their goal was treatment,
the use of investigational drugs in the Persian Gulf War
was not research.

Finding "D":

DOD used investigational drugs in the Persian Gulf War in
ways that were not effective.

Finding "E":

DOD did not know whether pyridostigmine bromide would be
safe for use by U.S. troops in the Persian Gulf War.

Finding "F":

When U.S. troops were sent to the Persian Gulf in 1994,
DOD still did not have proof that pyridostigmine bromide
was safe for use as an antidote enhancer.

Finding "G":

Pyridostigmine may be more dangerous in combination with
pesticides or other exposures.

Finding "H":

The safety of the botulism vaccine was not established prior
to the Persian Gulf War and remains uncertain.

Finding "I":

Records of anthrax vaccine are not suitable to evaluate safety.

Finding "J":

Army regulations exempt informed consent for volunteers in
some types of military studies.

Finding "K":

DOD and DVA have repeatedly failed to provide information
and medical follow-up to those who participate in military
research or are ordered to take investigational drugs.

Finding "L":

The federal government has failed to support scientific
studies that provide information about reproductive problems
experienced by veterans who were intentionally exposed to
potentially dangerous substances.

Finding "M":

The federal government has also failed to support scientific
studies that provide timely information for compensation
decisions regarding military personnel who were harmed by
various exposures.

Finding "N":

Participation in military research is rarely included in
military medical records, making it impossible to support a
veteran's claim for service-connected disabilities from
military research.

Finding "O":

DOD has demonstrated a pattern of misrepresenting the
danger of various military exposures that continues today.

/s/ Paul Mitchell,
Candidate for Congress