Time: Thu May 16 19:56:06 1996
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 19:48:21 -0700
To: "Marcia H. Armstrong" <siskfarm@snowcrest.net>,
        libertylaw@www.ultimate.org
From: pmitch@primenet.com (Paul Andrew Mitchell)
Subject: LLAW: grand jury

LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
Tom Clark, JOP, Presiding.  Clerk & Bailiff: Majordomo@www.ulitmate.org
We succeeded in obtaining, with the help of Judge Alex Kozinski's office,
a current copy of the RULES OF THE JUDICIAL COUNCIL OF THE
NINTH CIRCUIT GOVERNING COMPLAINTS OF JUDICIAL MISCONDUCT
OR DISABILITY (aka "Misconduct Rules").  These are free from the
Office of the Circuit Executive, U.S. Courts for the Ninth Circuit,
121 Spear Street, Suite 204, Post Office Box 193846, San Francisco,
California 94119-3826.  Contact:  Dana Merritt, Paralegal Assistant.
Ironically, Judge Kozinski responded to a FOIA request, even though
Congress has exempted the Judiciary from FOIA requests.  So, it was
very nice of him to oblige in the way he did.  Future requests should go
directly to the office which publishes these Misconduct Rules.  They
are promulgated pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 372(c).  One of our biggest
problems is judicial immunity and judicial misconduct.  It is a high
misdemeanor for federal judges to practice law from the bench.  We must
find a way effectively to discipline errant judges, otherwise our courts are
a lost cause pending another civil war.