Time: Sat May 18 09:24:55 1996
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 21:17:26 -0700
To: libertylaw@www.ultimate.org
From: pmitch@primenet.com (Paul Andrew Mitchell)
Subject: LLAW: Godzilla is back!

LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
Tom Clark, JOP, Presiding.  Clerk & Bailiff: Majordomo@www.ulitmate.org
Mr. and Mrs. Ron Branson are mounting a Judicial Reform initiative
for 1996.  They refer to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as "Godzilla".
So much for "civil" actions.  The Bransons have some wonderful
insights, e.g. 42 USC 1983 was _intended_ to apply to judges,
because it was written to prosecute judges who were conspiring
with the KKK against Southern blacks.   However, the judges have
ruled that they are not "persons" as the term is used in 1983.
Well, what are you then?  Maybe the Bransons are correct
(they are mutant reptilian clones feeding on used staples,
toner and recycled trees)  I must say, I am not been impressed with
the 9th Cir. decisions I have read, particularly on taxes (ugh!).
As Bill Conklin says, the courts will do ANYTHING to keep the
sieve from sinking (fat chance, that).  STOP LEAK to the rescue.