Time: Mon Nov 04 07:59:21 1996
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 07:57:20 -0800
To: libertylaw@www.ultimate.org
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: LLAW: Congress adjourns SINE DIE

LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
Presiding JOP: Tom Clark, Constable: Robert Happy, Clerk: Kerry Rushing
One working hypothesis is that
they intend to re-convene before
the Electoral College votes in December,
in order to commence impeachment
proceedings against the President.

>LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
>Presiding JOP: Tom Clark, Constable: Robert Happy, Clerk: Kerry Rushing
>At 01:18 PM 11/1/96 U, you wrote:
>>Evidently the 104th Congress adjourned "sine die" this month.
>>Now, if anyone out there is like me, they're wondering just
>>what "sine die" means and why it is significant. The
>>significance arises when we take a look at history and
>>discover that the last (and most recent) time that this was
>>done was just before the Civil War after which Lincoln
>>declared war without a sitting Congress.
>
>I am well aware of what "sine die" is, but I thought Congress
>always adjourns sine die, ever since 1861. Am I wrong
>here? Is this actually the FIRST TIME since 1861 that they
>adjourned sine die, or do they do this every year? If its every
>year that would not be significant, if it IS the first time since 1861,
>that would be amazing!
>
>Robert Happy

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan