Time: Thu Nov 28 07:41:35 1996
	id JAA06934; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:11:44 -0500 (EST)
	id JAA06930; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:11:42 -0500 (EST)
	id AA14987; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:11:42 -0500
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 07:10:08 -0800
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: NASA bans Hoagland

->  SearchNet's   snetnews   Mailing List

Richard Hoagland,

Welcome to the club!
Check out the Petition Clause
while you are at it.
The U.S. Supreme Court has said
it is the Right conservative
of ALL OTHER RIGHTS.
Thought you might like to know.

>->  SearchNet's   snetnews   Mailing List
>

>Richard Hoagland has had his press access to the upcoming
>Mars Pathfinder Launch  _pulled_ by official NASA decree.
>
>After being a repected member in good standing of the working
>science press corp attending and covering launches regularly
>since the earliest years of the space program beginning as
>Walter Cronkite's science advisor to NASA Richard Hoagland
>and his team were just informed that they now are banned by
>NASA from the coming press area of the launch.
>
>Hoagland had made arrangements to broadcast video 'live' from
>the press area at the launch site direct to satelite and to audio
>feed the Art Bell show which broadcasts to an est 10 million
>listeners. But NASA says he and his crew are NOT media. In
>the letter published on his web site from Laurie Boeder Associate
>Administrator for Public Affairs with NASA the First Amendment
>issues are clear and he may try to get an injunction against
>the launch until he gets access restored.
>
>http://www.enterprisemission.com/images/nasa-pr.gif
>
>He is asking that we all *politely* fax both Dr Dan
>Goldin, NASA Administrator   fax 202 358 2810
>
>and Laurie Boeder, NASA public relations,  fax 202 358 4345
>
>and urge them to please honor the 1st Amendment to the
>Constitution and restore Hoagland's press access.
>
>just let them know 'the whole world is watching' ..
>
>tell them "hello"
>
>this is an intolerable situation
>
>Then we can call/fax our local tv stations and offer them a
>live feed from the launch this coming Sunday with Richard
>Hoagland reporting (if he gets his press "privleges" restored
>that is) ... he intends to send out reports every 15 minutes
>beginning at 9pm and then go full time at midnight until
>lauch at 2am or so
>
>If the local stations will fax Richard Hoagland  201 271 1703
>by Friday he can tie everything together, get the remote
>satelite capability there etc .. says you can just rent this
>equipment now.
>
>let's go crazy
>
>Bill
>

>      a vision-prayer for all who only wish to fully live and let live
>
>                                      so BE it
>
>                **indict** and **impeach** the Clintons in '97
>
>   ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
>                  THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>
>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>->  Posted by: Bill Teague <bteague@ixc.net>

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan

-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
->  Posted by: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]