Time: Thu Nov 28 17:14:49 1996
          with NJE id 6879 for AZRKBA@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU; Thu, 28 Nov 1996
          18:09:21 -0700
          V1.2a/1.8a) with BSMTP id 6417; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 18:09:20 -0700
          Thu, 28 Nov 96 18:09:18 MST
          by primenet.com (8.8.3/8.8.3) with SMTP id SAA26753 for
          <AZRKBA@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 18:13:00 -0700 (MST)
Date:         Thu, 28 Nov 1996 17:13:19 -0800
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject:      Read the constitution
To: Multiple recipients of list AZRKBA <AZRKBA@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>

I disagree.  The Congress and the
state legislatures could regulate
the confiscation of guns by police
and other state agents.  That would
be "constitutional" gun legislation,
in my opinion.

>It would seem to me that there can not be "constitutional" gun legislation.
>PERIOD.
>
>At 05:43 PM 11/28/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>In the Arizona Republic on Thanksgiving day, Bill Clinton is quoted "...
>>our founders in daring to build the world's first constitutional democracy
>>... "in his Thanksgiving message. It would be nice if everyone knew that
>>our founders created a constitutional republic. If the people who claim to
>>run our government for us knew this we might be happy to hear that at least
>>some of them have read the constitution that they swear to protect and
>>defend.If this miracle did happen, we might see some constitutional gun
>legislation.
>>
>>--
>>Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?
>>   For it to prosper, none dare call it treason.
>>--- Sir John Harrington 1561-1612

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan