Time: Thu Feb 27 16:09:45 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id MAA20466;
	Thu, 27 Feb 1997 12:12:27 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:05:57 -0800
To: john <johnq@qnet.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Associations with the State
Cc: Tarheel <tarheel@zekes.com>

Dear Friends and Clients,

The Commerce Clause authorizes Congress
to regulate commerce among the several
States;  it does not authorize Congress
to regulate commerce among the inhabitants
of the several States.  The Framers knew
the difference between these two constructions.
For this reason, the several States have roped
all travelers into registering their private
conveyances, and licensing their operation of
those conveyances, thus rendering them agents
of the several States, thrusting them into
commerce willy nilly.  The question whether
a human is a Christian or not is immaterial;
Christians might be involved in commerce as
defined by the Constitution.  In this instance,
their conduct can (and should) be regulated
by Congress, without any regard whatsoever
for their religious beliefs.  See the First
Amendment.  The above applies equally to all
religious faiths, without prejudice.