Time: Tue Mar 04 23:01:42 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA00321;
	Tue, 4 Mar 1997 18:01:58 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 22:57:47 -0800
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS:  More on Rep. Ron Paul (fwd)

<snip>
>Like many others, I took his good advice and called the toll-free number:
>1-888-322-1414 and recorded the message of Representative Ron Paul's
>Legilative Update Message entitled, "The Coming Police State".  I'm glad
>I did, and I strongly encourage everyone to call this number on a weekly
>basis in the future, as Ron Paul is certainly not typical of the normal
>"poweres that be" but is truly one of us (an American) who is willing to
>tell it like it is, as you will see in his message I have transcibed
>below for those who either failed to take the time to call, or called
>too late to hear that particular message.  While it is certainly not a
common practice of mine to even romotely suggest ever supporting anyone
>currently holding office in the military government, I highly recommend
>support and communication with Ron Paul.
>Either Ron Paul doesn't understand that today's "congress" is purely a de
>facto one under Article XX, Section 2 [ not the de jure one at Atricle I,
>Section 4 (Paragraph 2 ], which sits and acts only as a homage
>"congress", being merely advisory to "King Klinton", or else he does'nt
>care.  Whichever is the case, it makes no matter to me - we still need
>to encourage, embrace and support his efforts and spread his outspoken
>messages to the ignorant sheople - and especially, those who choose to
deny what's really going on in this country and refuse to accept the truth
>from those of us who have made efforts to inform them.
>
>Hello, this is Ron Paul with the legilative update for the week of
February 24th.

>The following is part of a house floor speak given this week.
>The subject is The Coming Police State.
>
>Centralizing power and consitently expanding the role of government
>require an army of bureaucrats and a taxing authority upon which a
>police state thrives.  There are over 100 laws on the books permitting
>private property seizure without due process of the law.
>
>We have made it easy to seize any property by absurdly claiming that
>"property istelf committed the crime".
>
>The RICO mentality relating to law enforcement permits even the casual
>by-stander to suffer severely from the poice state mentality.
>
>The drug war hysteria and the war on gun-ownership, started by Roosevelt
>in 1934, have expanded Federal police powers to the point that more than
>10% of all our police are now Federal.  The Constitution names but 3
>Federal crimes, so where is the justification?
>
>Talk about "Swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their
Substance," we have hovering over us DAILY the Federal police from the EPA,
OSHA, FBI, CIA, DEA, EEOC, ADA, F&WL, INS, BATF, and WORST OF ALL, the
>IRS.
>
>Even criticizing the IRS makes me cringe;  - that it might percipitate an
>audit.
>
>It seems that ALL administrations, to some degree, have used the power of
>the agencies to reward or punish financial backers, or political enemies.
> As so much [meaning just like so many other things] that had its origins
>in the 1930's, it was then that the FBI's roles changed, from being that
>of friendly investigator helping local authorities, to that of a
>national police force.  Now their [the FBI's] claim to fame is the Waco
>Slaughter - ALL OVER A $200 unpaid Federal fee !
>
>We now live in an age where the fear of the IRS registered letter, bearing
news of an audit, surpasses the fear of a street mugging.

>The police are SUPPOSED to be our FRIENDS  -  and the Federal government
the GUARANTOR of our LIBERTIES.    Ask the Blacks in the inner-cities of
>Los Angelos if they trust the police and revere the FBI and the CIA.
>
>We should not have to cringe when a Federal agent appears at the door of
our businesses.  WE SHOULDN'T EVEN SEE THEM THERE !

>A Congress sworn to uphold the Constitution OUGHT to be protectiong Our
>Right to Our Property - NOT CONFISCATING IT !!!
>
>Congress OUGHT to PROTECT Our Right to own a weapon of self-defense;
> - NOT systematically and viciously attacking that Right.
>
>Congress OUGHT to guarantee ALL voluntary associations; - NOT regulate
>and dictate every economic transaction.
>
>We should NOT allow Congress to give credence to inane, politically
>correct rules, generated by illegalitarian misfits.
>
>Setting quotas ought to each of us.
>We need NO MORE centralized police efforts.
>We need NO MORE wiretaps that have become EPIDEMIC in the last decade.
>
>We have had ENOUGH Waco's and Ruby Ridge"s.
>
>Thanks for calling.  The next Legislative Report will be available March
>3rd.
>

>End of Ron Paul's Message for February 24th.
>

>Again, I urge everyone to call the Ron Paul Legislative Report on a
>weekly basis and encourage you to get others to do the same.  I have
>called the number and listened to his current message for the week of
>March 3rd.  It's entitled, "When is a Tax Increase Not a Tax Increase ?
>-  Answser  - When It's a Reinstatment of an Old, Expired Tax". This
>message is specifically on the subject of Ron Paul's opposition to the
>Bill for Increased Taxes on Airport and Airway Transportation.  Well worth
listening to !!!

>Am-Her
>

>I thought the following was also worth forwarding in commentary to the
>Ron Paul message on The Coming Police State.:
>
>>SOME TRUTH FROM D.C.
>>       We have said repeatedly that the next  great American leader --
>the next >Washington, Jefferson, Madison or Franklin -- will probably
>not come from our
>>current crop of politicians.  The group we have running the country
>today is more >interested in the control of the people than the freedom
>of the people, more
>>interested in keeping their over-paid positions secure than bothering to
>obey the >Constitution.
>>       Oh sure, there are some lights that shine a little brighter than
>others in >Washington.  Senator Fred Thompson comes to mind.  But, there
>are none
>>championing the Constitution.  Nor do we see any of them showing an
>interest in >reinstituting those unalienable rights once guaranteed the
>American citizen by our
>>Constitution.
>>       But folks, sometimes even the cynic on this end can be pleasantly
>surprised.
>>       In the mix, our very busy fax and e-mail line received a message
from Congress.  The message said to call 1 (888) 322-1414 for a "toll free
Legislative Update."
>>So, OK, why not?  It was free, and who knows,  it might be about
>something suitable >for "Heads Up."
>>       Then, out of that dark maze of overpowering inequity in the
Capitol Building came >a message shining as bright as an over-lit
one-hundred foot tall billboard