Time: Thu Mar 20 07:57:33 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA19174;
	Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:02:35 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA01725;
	Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:02:24 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:36:22 -0800
To: harold@halcyon.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: USDC v. DCUS

Harold,

At that exact point in time, she was
working with a friend of hers who was
indicted for conspiracy to manufacture
methamphetamine.  The guy told me it
was a setup, and he needed a place to
hide out, to avoid service of the
indictment.  So, I invited him into
my apartment, for at most 2 weeks,
until he could figure out what to do.

After 5 weeks with him still here, and
with cigarette butts ground into my carpet,
I decided to give this guy a test.  I got
up that morning and began the day by
telling him that I had decided to testify
against Elizabeth Broderick, the source of
many of the commercial warrants which this
guy had used, on himself and others.  Instead
of flowing with the revelation and discussing
it intelligently, he hit the ceiling and
started to threaten me physically, in one
case with throwing me through the sliding
glass window from my second-floor balcony.

The client came to me soon after that,
screaming at me that I was a government
agent and she was not going to pay me
anything against the invoice I had prepared.

The next day, I got an anonymous fax that
the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals had
docketed the paperwork I had prepared as
a formal Petition for Writ of Mandamus in
her case.  In other words, they were taking
it seriously, and had decided to rule on the
points of law I had documented.  The man who
threatened me is now in federal prison in
Oregon, waiting trial on the conspiracy to
manufacture methamphetamine.  My client is
now refusing to speak with me, and returns
all my mail, this after she stiffed me for
about $4,000.  I think she is a moderate to
heavy drug user.  Oh, I almost forgot one
important thing.  Her brother helped the
meth dealer to abscond with over $1,000 of
my cash and computer equipment, when this
guy moved out of my apartment, and now refuses
to return any of it.  So, now I have to sue
the lot of them.  These are the stories which
just do not seem to make it onto the air waves.

Of course, certain people, who shall remain
unnamed, continue to broadcast vicious lies that
I am a deep cover government agent, and that
of course gives lots of people pause to consider
and avoid hiring me for any legal work whatsoever.

My only solace has been the Holy Bible, which makes
it clear that I will be punished for telling the
truth, and I should rejoice when the persecution
escalates.  The Lord feeds me with a constant
flow of bread, just like the sparrows which came
out of nowhere yesterday, when I was eating french
fries at my favorite drive-in.  They even "spoke" to
me, when I was eating the french fries without
sharing them with the sparrows.  Of course, I had
to give in;  how can you stiff a sparrow who is
hopping on your table and singing to you at the
same time?  :)