Time: Fri Mar 21 07:27:44 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id XAA07213
	for [address in tool bar]; Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:40:22 -0700 (MST)
          by lists.u.washington.edu (8.8.4+UW96.12/8.8.4+UW97.03) with SMTP
	  id WAA08348; Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:40:12 -0800
          by lists.u.washington.edu (8.8.4+UW96.12/8.8.4+UW97.03) with ESMTP
	  id GAA40714 for <psc@lists.u.washington.edu>; Thu, 20 Mar 1997 06:17:00 -0800
          by mx5.u.washington.edu (8.8.4+UW96.12/8.8.4+UW97.03) with ESMTP
	  id GAA03866 for <psc@u.washington.edu>; Thu, 20 Mar 1997 06:16:56 -0800
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id HAA02073
	for <psc@u.washington.edu>; Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:16:52 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:50:51 -0800
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
To: "Puget Sound Conservatives" <psc@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Child Protective Services agencies

Eric,

Please understand that this is an explosive
situation.  I was brought in to save a man
who was set up by the BATF, because he had
backed into this kidnap ring, while trying
to locate his long-lost child.  The court
in Tucson, Arizona, was extremely biased
against this defendant.  Imagine this: his
public defender filed a pleading which
stated that the defendant had ADMITTED GUILT.
This was a very serious breach of attorney/
client privilege, and the defendant told me
that it was also a lie.  The conviction was
for conspiracy to kidnap, but the other
4 conspirators (all BATF agents) were never
prosecuted.  These 4 BATF agents obtained a
"confession" by putting a 9 millimeter to
this guy's head, and telling him to admit
the crime.  Then, the court admitted that
testimony.  It appeared to me, when I entered
the case at the 11th hour, that everyone and
his brother within that courthouse was as
up-tight as a bow string.  My entry upon the
scene gave people a chance to back off, and
give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, the client was unable to bring
himself even to thank me, much less pay me,
for keeping him out of state prison for
21 years.  He just made stupid excuses when
I confronted him about not thanking me or
even acknowledging the dangerous work I had
done on his behalf.  There is the possibility
that you could learn about this case, but
it would not be through me.  I would have to
know, somehow, that you will not abuse this
information, and you would have to know that
the information you receive would not be from
me.  What do you think of those terms?  Can you
make a small donation to cover the costs of
photocopying, mailing, and handling, say $100,
anonymous cash?  Let's call it the Border Project,
and the money will be spent on those who will
do the work of assembling what I have, and mailing
it to you "book rate."  The Border Project will come
and then go, never to be heard of again.  Okay?
Another source of information about this is
Officer Jack McLamb in Phoenix.  I presume you
will know how to reach Jack.  Please do not connect
me with this case, if and when you speak with Jack.
He will know who you are talking about, without
your having to use any names.

I am standing by.